What haha??

NRT_Chris

On 1/3/2024 at 3:19 PM, Drahcir495 said:

Nice looking but the rear needs to match the front. You have to get closer to the cost of a new bronco to get me to think of selling mine. Just love my truck that much again. 

I have a friend with a new Bronco, perfect spec, 2 door manual hardtop.  I wouldn't even consider trading it for my Comanche.  It's a good vehicle, but it's super refined feeling to drive, also known as boring.  I do love the look though.  

The Craigslist truck appears to be a case of putting too much money into parts and wanting some back out.  Looks capable though.

It reminds me of like 2 years ago... A member from my local facebook Jeep club put his survivor Comanche for sale. He just put some new floors in, the rest of the truck was solid, but the paint was thrash and the smallest amount of rust was starting in the common places on the body. It was advertised for like 6000$ canadian. A few weeks later on marketplace, I saw the same truck for sale by a shady used car dealer. The dealer did a quickie paint job, changing the truck from the stock burgundy color to black, added JK wheels and tires, sprayed in some bedliner, shot the underside of the truck with gravel guard and advertised it for 24000$ canadian. The ad stayed for a couple months with the price going down from time to time. The last time I saw it before the ad disappeared it was down to 14000$. I don't know about you guys, from the various parts of the US, but over here, a showroom MJ barely fetches 10000$ canadian.

16 hours ago, OldSch88L said:

It reminds me of like 2 years ago... A member from my local facebook Jeep club put his survivor Comanche for sale. He just put some new floors in, the rest of the truck was solid, but the paint was thrash and the smallest amount of rust was starting in the common places on the body. It was advertised for like 6000$ canadian. A few weeks later on marketplace, I saw the same truck for sale by a shady used car dealer. The dealer did a quickie paint job, changing the truck from the stock burgundy color to black, added JK wheels and tires, sprayed in some bedliner, shot the underside of the truck with gravel guard and advertised it for 24000$ canadian. The ad stayed for a couple months with the price going down from time to time. The last time I saw it before the ad disappeared it was down to 14000$. I don't know about you guys, from the various parts of the US, but over here, a showroom MJ barely fetches 10000$ canadian.

In my opinion, any classic will get what someone is willing to pay, if not it will sit like you saw.  Comanche's are very thin on the ground in the US, I spent 3 years looking for the one I wanted before springing for it.  I didn't much care what it cost if there was minimal rust and it had the options I wanted.   I ended up spending $9800 for for my more or less loaded Eliminator with 250k miles on it.  It was not in as good of shape as advertised but I knew everything could be sorted as it was straight, unmodified and all broken parts were included in the sale.

This is listed in a town near me.  I think they bought it in PA or NJ (although the seller writes TN).  I remember seeing it posted on a few sites. 

It's either buyers remorse, or they're flipping it.  I say that because I don't recall the previous listing prices, but the current ask is $25,000.

The point is, there's an a$$ for every seat, so you can ask whatever you want. 

00Z0Z_4BauX1j0fZ9_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

Fenders are hideous, interior is atrocious (30k for idiot light cluster and a dash cover??). Kinda the same class as a ridiculously overdressed hooker with cartoonishly sized b00bs.