Faith in the system

saveevryjp1998

Anyone else struggling to believe there isn't a double standard? I filmed this during our local Marion County (Indianapolis) early voting today at St. Luke's Methodist Church. Literally two candidates clearly breaking state statutes on soliciting. To top it off we go inside to be denied putting our own electronic ballot to be sealed in our envelope with our information before signing. Everyone had to do this and it makes no sense. We had to take them to another station where multiple people handled the paper before another used a glue stick to seal them. Then they handed the back for us to sign. Then we put them in a box. The problem was they were switching ballots with envelopes then handing envelopes to the wrong people for the wrong signatures conflicting with printing on front of envelope during id registered print out. So I'd assume that would immediately invalidate those ballots. This happened literally to my wife and four others in front of our eyes. Pretty much every one of us caught it at the table and demanded immediate intervention. The person in charge tried to reassure everyone that she would physically take care of it and that's part of what they do after the ballots were all flagged with an attached sticker they put on. I had never heard of this nor witnessed this in over 25 years of voting. Is this the new norm?

Edited by saveevryjp1998

This is why the election officers wouldn't do anything where we voted. This was the other person campaigning out front. She personally handed me and everyone else in line from the door waiting her flyer. I was third from the door and registration was about three steps inside and the first voting station was about directly behind the entrance door by a door parallel to them. She personally setup her blue folding chair in the video and pictures.IMG_20231028_115316_01.jpg.6ab896028afacf34844bb122ebf96e14.jpg Basically the exterior wall was the only thing between us the machines. She knew she was clearly violating the law and absolutely knew it with complete disrespect of the law she supposedly cares soo much about. What's anyone to do standing up against corruption like this without direct consequences?

Screenshot_20231029-115842.png.074c9d8e4634e44613b564271e8e9edc.png

There's only one standard, or there should be only one.  Anyone violating election laws should be reported and dealt with according to the governing laws.  Witness's should report it to the proper authorities.  I don't care what side of the political divide one aligns with, election integrity is paramount to a functional democracy.

1 hour ago, rokinn said:

There's only one standard, or there should be only one.  Anyone violating election laws should be reported and dealt with according to the governing laws.  Witness's should report it to the proper authorities.  I don't care what side of the political divide one aligns with, election integrity is paramount to a functional democracy.

I completely agree however if you're paying attention, it's her office in charge of it locally and running to stay in office. Just read the first couple paragraphs in the link above. The only option is news, social media, and from my understanding the Indiana Secretary of State Diego Morales. I'll be downtown at 8 a.m. when they open. I'll then take a copy of the formal complaint to the local news. I bet nothing happens except retaliation in some way shape or form eventually by those I spoke out against with power and wealth down the road. Really tough to get that information out to those that listen in time to do much. Trust me though I'm doing my best even though it paints a big bright red bullseye on my family household. It won't end unless people stand up and I have no right to whine if I look the other way.

you might be surprised how interested your local news station can be if you bring some juicy video. :D   in the end there might not be any proper consequences coming, but bad publicity ahead of the elections should sting a little. :L:  

A storm's a brewing, probably more for my household. 😂 maybe it will finally give me the reason needed to snap over the edge. I'm shocked the Indiana Inspector General David Cook took the time to speak with me. I can't say enough good things. I'm on the right track and just waiting to hear back from someone at the Secretary of State. I will say that locally Fox 59 has a very political biased employee speaking with people offering information. Wow, that person wasn't nice, grew irrational immediately once they heard the candidates names soliciting outside. It was very strange how I was basically hang up on after their tyrant rant on how I had to take my complaint to the Marion County Election Board(the very said person in charge breaking the law outside) and bring the formal complaint with my information as proof before I'd possibly get an appointment with a staff member. So finding a news station might be tough simply due to the fact of the people to whomever are in-between with communication will have their own personal political agendas. It's nuts since both opposing candidates for the same position are in the videos and pictures breaking the law. At least I'm making headway about the ballot. This seems to be a major issue with everyone I've spoken with that absolutely nobody should be handling our ballot or envelope at any station let alone also given separate instructions stating to do so. The public offices all have said the same thing about in which I've reached out to. According to "local media stations" just shy of 5,500 people thus far early voted over the weekend in Marion county. Supposedly that's over 4 times what transpired last time. I was also informed by everyone in every political office in which I spoke to this far, that yes your ballot is invalid if the signature on back does not match the information on front period. So ours and the others we saw are invalid. I'm hopeful that an investigation will transpire that catches them opening up ballots and swapping just as the election official stated she would. The same one refusing to do anything about her boss breaking the law out front as well as her running opponent. The official report I'm assuming will cause an investigation directly to my ballot. The alarming thing about all of this is that absolutely everyone should see that absolutely nothing about this system is at anonymous. Your information is on the envelope with your ballot which you sign the back of that envelope after they place your folded lol "electronic" paper ballot after at least two people handle said ballot simply to run a glue stripe across pre sealable envelope. They absolutely hands down know who voted for who and where you live along with whatever else is on your driver's license. Your heads are buried in the sand to think otherwise. It also means someone opens the damn envelopes to submit the print out. How can anyone of any party not find everything about this process a serious issue? There is potential for fraud and corruption multiple ways multiple times. It's an absolutely garbage system and I've lost all faith in our early election process for Marion county in the state of Indiana.

This is a family board, so I'll not use language I would elsewhere.  There are shenanigans afoot.

Our county election board made a statement a couple days ago that delays in reporting vote counts next Tuesday are *going* to be delayed.  They're already telegraphing it.  The reason they stated was.....wait for it......"due to the volume of early voting".  I have questions, and am deciding just how involved I'm going to get (on a scale of quietly complaining about it on social media to stark raving lunatic).  I did vote early last week (our polls have been open for the last 45+ days, close on Saturday) for the first time ever.  For whatever it was worth.

Keep up the good fight @saveeryjp1998.  There's a not so quiet tide of discontent rising.

59 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

Our county election board made a statement a couple days ago that delays in reporting vote counts next Tuesday are *going* to be delayed.  They're already telegraphing it.  The reason they stated was.....wait for it......"due to the volume of early voting". 

Ummmmmmmmm…..

How does early voting delay the reporting? Shouldn’t that speed up the processes?

I smell shenanigans. :bs::BSmeter:

I'd like to remind everyone that plain ol' incompetence is always a good possibility to explain what might look like malice. 

but either way, the local news is who needs to hear it.  :L:  and be sure to film everything.  voting needs to be done correctly and it's our job to make sure they are doing their job correctly. 

56 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I'd like to remind everyone that plain ol' incompetence is always a good possibility to explain what might look like malice. 

but either way, the local news is who needs to hear it.  :L:  and be sure to film everything.  voting needs to be done correctly and it's our job to make sure they are doing their job correctly. 

I might be doing a poor job of explaining what's transpired. To be very clear, the current Director of elections for the Marion county elections board(Brienne Delaney) is the very said contact and person breaking the law outside. There is absolutely not a snowballs chance in Hell she and the entire staff are that incompetent to not know the very laws and procedures her very elected public job is to do so. Just open the link above that I posted. It's absolutely insane she has the balls to openly do this, lie about it, and look her fellow Americans in the eyes lying about it 10' from the entrance to a Church.  This not politically biased Pete. Her political party opponent in office currently running for her position is Matt Hills doing the exact same thing. I have plenty more videos but they're too large to post. I'm not sure how to compress them more. Regardless of the law being broke outside. She was clearly close enough to take 8 steps inside and address it as it was taking place. It's her job! In fact she is the second highest level position in our state to do so besides the Secretary of the State. Even worse they tried to transfer me to a Federal official in the Democratic party before the Secretary of State(Republican) when I first reached out by phone. It's why I waited for Monday office hours. Pete not that it matters, nor should, I am both a member of not only a United Methodist Church(not the one I voted at) and currently still a registered Democrat. I will never vote that mistake again, I only did so long ago to balance power in elected offices in past, didn't vote at all for the first time in my life for the last presidential election.  I've always been split down the party middle knowing full well that anyone that bends down to receive power must lower themselves to do so. So explain to me how comfortable you thought any voters were of any party there that day that had half a brain cell paying attention to what was going on. There wasn't a single voter that walked out that door of any party without an extra chromosome that had any shred of doubt they just wasted their time picking up the bar of soap in prison shower with their ballot that day. 

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Ummmmmmmmm…..

How does early voting delay the reporting? Shouldn’t that speed up the processes?

I smell shenanigans. :bs::BSmeter:

Each envelope has to be manually validated before it is opened and then the ballot can be scanned.  That takes a long time. After all, you don't want to count fraudulent ballots.

Ballots cast at the polling place can be scanned immediately Because the person filling it out is right there.

7 minutes ago, derf said:

Each envelope has to be manually validated before it is opened and then the ballot can be scanned.  That takes a long time. After all, you don't want to count fraudulent ballots.

Ballots cast at the polling place can be scanned immediately Because the person filling it out is right there.

I understand that, but instead of delaying the election results, they should move up the deadline to get the early ballots in

Maybe for "mail in" ballots, but my early voting (in person) place had a line of laser printers.  You went in, verified ID (which I was happy to see being done) and then you got a brand new ballot printed off just for you based on your precinct.  Took that into the next room with all the curtain booths, filled in all my ovals and then fed it into an optical scanner right there in front of me.  Done and counted....maybe.

edit:  I just looked up VA rules on mail in ballots.  They can be "processed" upon receipt.  And they can be fed into the scanning equipment the day of polling.  They can't be "counted" until the polls close, unless they are being hand counted.

Virginia

VA Code Ann. § 24.2-709.1, § 24.2-712

Upon receipt.

At the close of polls on Election Day, but ballots may be inserted into ballot-counting machines prior to the closing of the polls. If absentee ballots are counted by hand, tallying may begin after noon on Election Day. Vote counts may not be reported until after the polls close.

1 minute ago, mjeff87 said:

Maybe for "mail in" ballots, but my early voting (in person) place had a line of laser printers.  You went in, verified ID (which I was happy to see being done) and then you got a brand new ballot printed off just for you based on your precinct.  Took that into the next room with all the curtain booths, filled in all my ovals and then fed it into an optical scanner right there in front of me.  Done and counted....maybe.

In Colorado, we have drop boxes.  No early in person voting like that.

Every state is different. 

It makes absolutely no fiscal sense to do anything twice let alone multiple times in multiple forms. It's not possible to have any anonymity with your information on an envelope with your ballot inside, why is a paper ballot even being used after an electronic ballot, why is anyone handling any ballot, why does anyone even have to physically go anywhere, miss work, to cast a ballot after waiting in line hours, why, why, why in this day and age???? The whole turd, no matter how many times it's spun polished flipped and boxed in any county, state, or federal way is still a giant piece of crap for the age in technology we live. Since the day I was born 44 years ago, we had technology more advanced at our disposal for a more efficient, less corrupt, and fiscally responsible system. It is only done the way it is because people with power and influence manipulate to their will. Nothing more. I think it's a complete waste and a joke the deeper I manage to work my way up the ladder. I'm tired of people saying it's just incompetent people. That's a cop out that the corrupt absolutely love to hear and exploit. My elementary school scantron from 1984 with fn #2 pencil was more efficient, less manipulated, handled by less people, and more anonymous than our current voting system.

So I've got the swag and it's funkier than I could ever imagine! After speaking with an attorney at the Indiana Secretary of State, THERE IS NO STATE LEVEL OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE IN INDIANA THAT OVERSEAS CORRUPTION ON LOCAL ELECTIONS! 

PLEASE CHECK YOUR OWN STATES WITH YOUR OWN FINDINGS!

THIS IS TERRIFYING!!!

The only route to take in our state for corruption in the particular office I'm speaking is filing of State Police Report. I was then informed they will immediately make it a priority investigation. Regardless once you filed the report, bring copies to the Secretary of State, Inspector General, and State Board. They can then open investigations to better inform the public but can't bring charges since no one has authority or oversight. They can however help file lawsuits with attorneys on the matter which is in every taxpayers best interest to do this. You can obviously rant it on social media but we all know how that plays out. It's the only way to get the system fixed to break the potential cycle of corruption from the party holding the office whichever party that might be. This should scare every taxpayer in every state this takes place. You should understand that the political party in the county office of the state capitol of most states can manipulate a vast majority of the votes in the entire state in a presidential election cycle if they are corrupt. This is insane. In most states an overwhelming majority of the population resides in a handful of counties. You can manipulate the entire system by putting a few key players in the right county offices in the right selective states that don't have any state oversight to make sure elections aren't compromised. WTH! That's major political power to piss off at the county level that essentially have hidden federal power. So you know what happened to me moving forward here on out if I disappear, end up dead, or hanging from a prison cell. All of this ultimately falls on every taxpayer to care and do something on a large collective level if it ever were to change. All the votes I saw handed over Saturday in my early voting experience were in deed invalid votes from everyone I spoke to downtown after they were handled at the table. So don't early vote in Marion county Indiana, your vote can be completely manipulated without oversight from anyone on the State level unless you put absolute blind faith in the person in charge of your county election that's outside breaking voter laws lying to your face on church property while refusing to go inside to do her job and her employees refuse to come outside to call their boss out for breaking the law. Feel free to bring your voter fraud and polling violations to her office though to file a formal complaint. Without a complaint from her office, nothing else can be done statewide otherwise. Amazing how this works. A police report from an unbiased officer is your last remaining option. Hopefully they follow up. Best of luck Hoosiers and don't forget to grab the soap when you cast your early votes!

30 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Thank you! I completely didn't think of that, inquire it, nor had it been mentioned by any party in any office of any political side in which I spoke to yet. I have reached out to some police contact friends of mine. I wish to get the report filed first and take that recorded evidence tied to it publicly in every way shape or form I can to as many that will listen as possible. I'll also take it to your link contacts for sure:L:

You lead by example. The example lead by the Federal level employees is clogging down the pipes. Jerry Springer may have passed away but his legacy is definitely living on 

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/2023/10/31/indy-center-township-court-staff-arrested-by-constable-denise-hatch/71383622007/

1) Shame on any dingbat candidate, for any office, of any party, of either gender for violating laws regarding soliciting & proximity to polling place. They know better. Agree with reporting any candidate who violates. Most every state has such laws, including here in NC. Grates my nerves to death being accosted up to the line with paper thrust at me the whole way. "Hmmm... I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. I think I'll go down there and decide in a circus atmosphere where I can't even hear myself think, with the assistance of people I don't know..."

2) Last couple of national elections dissuaded a LOT of competent, honest and dedicated professionals across the whole country from continuing to work an already thankless and low paying job. Into the vacuum step the inexperienced and unfortunately, sometimes, the incompetent; or even worse, the partisan.