Chrysler MJs (91-92), 2wd projects pics request

So I’m looking for ideas on what others have done to their 91-92 2wd MJs.  I’m considering what I want to do to my 91 Sportruck.  I’d like to keep the stock body and look but I’m used to more modern cars.  I don’t want to do a 97+ upgrade and I’m not converting to 4x4.  

Would like to see pics or link me to your project page.  

Thanks in advance.

based on the recent jump in values, I'd clean it up, keep up on maintenance, and start taking it to car shows as-is. :D  but a bluetooth capable radio and a cupholder would be nice additions. :L: 

91-92 and 86-90 aren't all that different body/interior wise.  literally any MJ build thread could have something for you. :driving:

2 hours ago, Minuit said:

Not many '91 Sportrucks out there. Does yours still have the 90s-tastic stripes?

IMG_20190719_124750.jpg

IMG_20190720_110251.jpg

0dNEAcal.jpg

32tnV0ul.jpg

Unfortunately no, previous owner resprayed the truck. But I’m hoping that when I get the truck rust repair and new paint, the guy may be able to hand paint the 91 Stripe…

I'm loosely in the same boat. Snagged a 92 2wd that haven't decided a direction. Once I get it as a solid runner eventually would be looking to do a sport truck with it and swap to a 5spd, but with how often I change directions who knows. 

The street comanche kit would be cool too and unique. 

I will say I totally dig @CaptainPatchy ride and I think is a solid option to maintain the stock look but cool af. As for modernizing a Bluetooth receive w/decent stereo, cup holders, single window upgrade and some other things would be my choice. I'm a fan of the OG look vs the 97 swap and interior. 

received_1090955481270437.jpeg.4d5da293db2e4bbcfcd06edce44b33d3.jpeg

Then there's the flip side that's wicked intense with what @Awinski did. 

204371466_4231948770160997_8488087421599353702_n.jpg

I’m also starting to lean towards the OGR body kit for my short bed, but that project is a long way out yet. Be cool to slam it and make something fast (ish). Possibly roll cage for auto crossing… I’ve mostly wanted to try for a super clean, super base model, super economical small truck but I’m not really beyond the wisps of dreams in the wind stage yet. 

13 hours ago, Minuit said:

Not many '91 Sportrucks out there. Does yours still have the 90s-tastic stripes?

IMG_20190719_124750.jpg

IMG_20190720_110251.jpg

0dNEAcal.jpg

32tnV0ul.jpg

If anyone has a source of that stripe, that is the graphic I've always wanted.  My brother and I were just discussing the other day about adding the squiggle splash graphic to our Eliminator.  Maybe have a custom Eliminator text made up to match the Sportruck text.  

3 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

If anyone has a source of that stripe, that is the graphic I've always wanted.  My brother and I were just discussing the other day about adding the squiggle splash graphic to our Eliminator.  Maybe have a custom Eliminator text made up to match the Sportruck text.  

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/jeep.php

Of course they have nearly every kit but the one you're looking for. Maybe get in touch with them and see if they'll reproduce the HO SporTruck?

13 hours ago, Airborne Janitor said:

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/jeep.php

Of course they have nearly every kit but the one you're looking for. Maybe get in touch with them and see if they'll reproduce the HO SporTruck?

I just might do that.  I do like the stock look of my truck but really love the HO SporTruck graphics.