Jump to content

Awinski

Members
  • Content Count

    60
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

About Awinski

  • Rank
    Comanche Fan

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks, helps that I used to do it for work haha If I did it again. I'd strip the interior and do a D-formula style cage as close to the body panels as possible. There will be plenty
  2. Thanks for the kind words guys. Did some more work this weekend, although I avoided the giant firewall hole I need to fix. Added some more supports to the chassis, added some gussets. Cut out the rear most fender support cross bar. Made it hard to get in and out of the rear. Will add something else in later.
  3. Here was a fun one. Once I got the engine where I wanted it. I couldnt get a set of headers for cheap I knew would fit. I knew I wanted long tubes, and I knew I wanted stainless. Rather than spending good money on a set and possibly having to modify them i decided to make my own. After hearing what a set of 8-1 sounds like, some parts were ordered. Primaries come out to about 40.5" and all are within 1/4" of each other. When it comes time the headers will be wrapped to keep hear down. And yes, the entire assembly slides off, and the water pump is serviceable. The front cross member was sl
  4. This ones pretty simple. I bought an L33 vortech. Basically an all aluminum, flat top piston 5.3 that puts out a little more power. Removing the old engine and trans To mate the lt1 t56 I needed a new mid plate and bell housing. Luckily this is all readily available For clearance purposes I decided to run an aftermarket oil pan, only fun part is trimming the windage tray. Pretty simple process and otherwise there isnt much to it cleaning up the engine and trans, just a drill and some wire brush heads. And the very simple trans cross member I made out of some plate a
  5. So here comes a boat load of updates and info. Informational pictures are going to be rare but I'll try to explain. If anyone wants to see something just let me know. Bought another topper, it's in way better condition than the other but i did need to move the front of the bedsides in about an inch on each side. So I just cut and welded the tube. Found a chrome front clip at the junk yard so put that on. Changed my mind on the seats... again. Decoded on a bench and to remove the cage till a day when in decide to remove the interior trim completely for more room. Then I sho
  6. Glad you like mine, can't wait to see yours!
  7. Time to start mocking up and cutting this ranger topper
  8. Thanks guys! Glad people enjoy the fab work, I was nervous when I first came here with a model that has purists, but I've gotten a lot of love
  9. The Holley isnt bad, just to be sure to use good connectors and don't run them near other wires as they pick up interference easily. If you do run an out of tank pump I do recommend putting a sump style on opposed to the lines coming out near the top.
  10. There is a lot to update, I've been busy with well, moving myself and the comanche up to Pennsylvania. So here goes, designed a new front control arm that would clear the wheel better, but more importantly, look cooler. I got my brakes installed, the credit goes to the genius' over in the crown vic forums. C5 calipers with 2010 gt500 rotors ought to stop much better than most. Designed a shock "hoop" will redesign the upper to look better and clear more but it does just barely touch at full droop. Can still get the coil over
  11. Some updates, got the t56 out of the firebird I bought a while ago, I have to adapt it to an ls but no biggy. Got the rear 95% of the way welded up, added some gussets etc. Made a drive shaft notch in the body for that, extended my steering rack for my added mounting point width, and started finally mounting up the bedsides
  12. Need to get myself some of that under coating as well.
  13. Front is ready for brake parts. The driver side is atleast. Need to do a final numbers check, then I can burn everything in and start on cutting up the front hannemans to fit how I like.
  14. Rear frame is done, heims ordered to make adjustable seat mounts, bed is mocked up, front suspension mocked up, decided to make my own lca's for the front with a larger k727 ball joint, and switched to crown vic front knuckles! It's about to become a real melting pot under that thing.
×
×
  • Create New...