Max tire size

:yeahthat:

If the axles are original and it is a stick (based on your sig, it is), you will have 3.07 gears. You will probably want to change those. I would recommend regearing your D44 to 4.10 and finding a front axle out of a 4 cyl XJ. That will have 4.10s stock.

53 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

:yeahthat:

If the axles are original and it is a stick (based on your sig, it is), you will have 3.07 gears. You will probably want to change those. I would recommend regearing your D44 to 4.10 and finding a front axle out of a 4 cyl XJ. That will have 4.10s stock.

That is happening sometime this summer or next winter due to finances (or it would already be done lol). 

11 hours ago, TheDirtyJeep401 said:

31x10.50s will fit, but with minor rubbing on the lower control arms at full lock. Most people swap lower control arms from a WJ Grand Cherokee to help with the rubbing. But other than that, they fit with no problems. 

I Ran 31x10.5 mt’s on 7inch wheels with 4 inch backspacing on 2” of lift with no rubbing of factory control arms, but once I went with tj 8” wheels they rubbed the control arms until I put some aftermarket adjustable ones in. But with 7’s and 4” backspacing 31’s shouldn’t rub 

3 hours ago, jpnjake said:

I Ran 31x10.5 mt’s on 7inch wheels with 4 inch backspacing on 2” of lift with no rubbing of factory control arms, but once I went with tj 8” wheels they rubbed the control arms until I put some aftermarket adjustable ones in. But with 7’s and 4” backspacing 31’s shouldn’t rub 

Backspacing on factory Jeep wheels is 5.25", and on factory rims 31x10.50s fit and stuff inside the stock fender flares -- but rub on the lower control arms at full steering lock.

On wheels with 4 inches of backspacing, you won't rub on the lower control arms but you WILL rub on the flares at full steering lock, and the tires won't fit up inside the flares and fenders when the suspension is fully compressed.

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Backspacing on factory Jeep wheels is 5.25", and on factory rims 31x10.50s fit and stuff inside the stock fender flares -- but rub on the lower control arms at full steering lock.

On wheels with 4 inches of backspacing, you won't rub on the lower control arms but you WILL rub on the flares at full steering lock, and the tires won't fit up inside the flares and fenders when the suspension is fully compressed.

This is correct, I always ran a sway bar and my fender liners but no rubbing there, but back when my dad had the truck he trimmed my front flares to try and fit snow tires

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Eagle_SX4 said:

I am thinking about regearing my truck to 4.10's with a 4.0, AX-15 and 31's. Any one have experience with that combo? How's it do on the highway at 75-80? 

Yessir, I do. Turns about 2700 at 75 and 3000 at 85. I ran it across the state at 75 and got 20mpg. Don’t worry about the RPMs. It’ll be happy. 

11 hours ago, Eagle_SX4 said:

Factory Dana 44 but my truck doesn't have the tow package or metric ton package so a rare option it seems.

My truck is the same, it's actually an Eliminator where someone ordered the D44 and LSD!