Slow wipers!

My wipers work but move painfully slow on either high or low...they move like molasses in winter!

Is it the wiper motor or voltage? Any input is greatly appreciated!

I just bought this truck and am in the restorative process, (both me and the truck)!

39 minutes ago, Pete M said:

sorta on this subject, does the 97+ motor/gear/linkage assembly work in the older Jeeps?  I know the arms swap, but how far down the rodent hole does the swap-ability go?

I have either a '97 or '98 linkage in my 91 with the original motor swapped on, because the plugs are different. At some point I'll swap a newer motor in to see if it improves the speed, because my friend's 2000 XJ has wipers like you'd expect on a normal car.

Ohhhh boy. So in 91 the company that made the wiper motors went out of business. When Chrysler found a new supplier, they changed the plugs to match. Chrysler made an adaptor harnesses to avoid cutting and splicing of the wiper motor harness. So it’s possible that late HO MJs might already have this change over. 

11 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ohhhh boy. So in 91 the company that made the wiper motors went out of business. When Chrysler found a new supplier, they changed the plugs to match. Chrysler made an adaptor harnesses to avoid cutting and splicing of the wiper motor harness. So it’s possible that late HO MJs might already have this change over. 

interesting.  any adapter harnesses left out there in dealershipland?  :brows: 

• 2 weeks later...