Farewell to Dirt Everyday

neohic

DED was one of the only shows on MT that I wanted to watch. Roadkill was alright but their dumbing down of things to "what the fans wanted" made it pretty repetitive... I suppose that sells shows, but DED's approach of a fairly new crazy idea for every show and just going out and making it happen with the only goal of having fun was awesome. I'll miss it.

That show is why I bought a Comanche.  But I do like a few other shows on there.  And now with Vice Grip Garage  getting a show on it, ill stay for now.  I like cars and trucks in general, not just jeeps.  I enjoy Garage Squad and Hot Rod Garage as well.

I think MTOD is in a death spiral. As they cut shows like DED to save $$, they are only losing paying subscribers and their customer base shrinks. 

Glad Fred and Dave have their own Youtube channels instead;  better they don't have to worry about corporate decisions what they show or how dramatic things have to be. 

A few months ago my wife and I went through our subscription list, it was ridiculous, as in $300+ a month for various subscriptions that we might spend an hour a week watching. We canceled a ton and now just have Youtube TV and a couple others for "her shows"

you can still see Fred and Dave on youtube for free, Dirthead shed is Daves channel, and 4xFredWilliams is Freds channel. go subcribe to thier channels and show your support. also Ian on the Bigtiregarage channel is back and ready to resume his Comanche build.

I used to be a big fan of DED, but thought it was getting boring and repetitive lately, IE put a hacksaw to every vehicle and put on HUGE tires ans top dollar parts, turning pretty much every vehicle into a one-off dedicated off-road toy, instead of a daily driver. Their builds were getting farther away from what we "common mortals" have budget for. Some of my favorites episodes are the Willys wagon YJ frame swap, Dodge airport thug build, cheap truck challenges, Wagoneer revival, and the AMC Pacer build to name a few. However the Blazer K5 rescue, the lawnmowers or bikes episodes, or any episode focused on that "Clampy" junk pile are big let-downs for me. Just my 2 cents, but you could see it coming; as content seemed less and less in each episode as time passed, they also seemed to be running out of new ideas, and finally, the hosts seemed to have lost that on-screen energy that they once had. Don't get me wrong; it sucks that they got cancelled, but sadly I can't say that I'm surprised:(

1 hour ago, OldSch88L said:

I used to be a big fan of DED, but thought it was getting boring and repetitive lately, IE put a hacksaw to every vehicle and put on HUGE tires ans top dollar parts, turning pretty much every vehicle into a one-off dedicated off-road toy, instead of a daily driver. Their builds were getting farther away from what we "common mortals" have budget for. Some of my favorites episodes are the Willys wagon YJ frame swap, Dodge airport thug build, cheap truck challenges, Wagoneer revival, and the AMC Pacer build to name a few. However the Blazer K5 rescue, the lawnmowers or bikes episodes, or any episode focused on that "Clampy" junk pile are big let-downs for me. Just my 2 cents, but you could see it coming; as content seemed less and less in each episode as time passed, they also seemed to be running out of new ideas, and finally, the hosts seemed to have lost that on-screen energy that they once had. Don't get me wrong; it sucks that they got cancelled, but sadly I can't say that I'm surprised:(

That’s what my thoughts were too.

Fred and Dave are great guys that I met on Ultimate Adventure 2018 along with a bunch of other good people.

They probably are relieved too so that they can get on with their lives.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:52 PM, OldSch88L said:

Some of your favorites are mine too, especially the Willys wagon and the XJ cherokee challenge episode