I hate squirrels...

Pete M

fun fact, grey squirrels might randomly gnaw on your camper's rubber propane line, even if you've covered it with some split wire loom.  :fistshake2:  so I got a braided stainless line to replace it.  have fun chewing on that you stupid squirrels!  :fistshake1:

oh for sure, they are entertaining :D  ... when they aren't digging up my flowers, or gnawing on the deck, or eating the wires in the engine bay of my truck, or making a nest in the air filter box, or living in the attic, or raiding my bird houses for baby birds... 

but seriously, I find the most entertainment when I nail them with my supped up nerf blaster. :D  150 fps to your butt you stupid fuzzy rat.  :applause:  lolololol... 

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

but seriously, I find the most entertainment when I nail them with my supped up nerf blaster. :D  150 fps to your butt you stupid fuzzy rat.  :applause:  lolololol... 

When I was a kid I got a lot - probably way too much, in fact - of pleasure out of shooting squirrels off of bird feeders with my automatic airsoft guns.

• 5 weeks later...

i worked for AT&T (ma Bell) and lemme tell you squirrells are a blessing and a curse to a phone man. they love to chew copper phone line wires, which gives a phone cable repairman job security, but it also pisses off the customer when the service is interrupted. 

I think it was about 2015, a friend of mine had just bought a brand new half ton Chev. At about 5000km on it he was cruising along and all his dash lights came on. He popped the hood and there was a dead squirrel staring at him from next to the alternator pulley, still twitching but clearly dead, with its guts wrapped around the pulleys where the serp belt used to be. After his tow bill and getting the squirrel cleaned off it I think it was about a $1000 insurance claim. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had issues with them getting into my attic and running around. I called an exterminator to see what they could do, so they set some baited live traps. In two weeks, they only caught 2 squirrels, both of which died in the traps the same day they were caught. I really question what they put in their bait. That cost me $200, but I knew I wasnt done. I went to tractor supply, bought 2 live traps, and a bag of critter feed. In the next months time, I caught 16 squirrels, and 2 young Possums, none of which died before I could relocate them. My wife made me stop at that point, and we fixed the holes they made to get in the attic. I think at that time there were no cats running the neighborhood, which caused the population to get out of hand. There are some around now, and much fewer squirrels.