Carling and phone mount combo for cigarette lighter Panel

New panel allowing you to replace your cigarette lighter with USB ports or a rocker switch and a reinforced mount for a 1" ball mount for RAM or Quadlock phone mounts.

Panel only, does not include USB ports/ switches or 1" ball

This is a new panel made of strong, temperature resistant ABS plastic.

It fits one Carling rocker type switch /device (Carling, Contura).
The finish is raw ABS plastic that can be painted as needed. I recommend painting, ABS scuffs easy (turns glossy when bumped) and may have inconsistencies.

Ball and Ram Mount Links
RamMount Phone holder: Here

QuadLock holder: Here
Arm: Here

Note: Many low quality USB ports don't actually have Carling dimensions but claim they do.

I Recommend Blue Sea Systems since they're reputable and have proper dimensions.

Thanks to Pete for the phone mount idea.

Price: 33.00

frontwball600.jpg.fed2348a5d21c93e3216011260d60266.jpg

Backwhite600.jpg.98c60ba84f9abb80ee20b0fed1702322.jpg

Frontwhite600.jpgphone600.jpg.6c8270d8b56aafda34878c57a68792d5.jpg

phoneside600.jpg.7461b25acb7d1ae4ec4f7da26942185d.jpg

justquadlock.jpg.ad53d8d4991e5a5b12d7ecadbf7c19c6.jpg

quadlock.jpg.55522d837778d22e566b0d0d15633988.jpg

Final version got pushed behind an order so it might not be installed tonight.
I do have a photo of the proto-type with the Ram mount now.
Also working on my own ball mount, it just needs testing but it should reduce the overall cost a bit.

with ram600.jpg

23 hours ago, Rubikahn said:

Looks pretty good. 

Thank you! I made revisions to make the install process better. 

Air is pretty bad here from forest fires and I really don't want to smell like smoke and get a headache so it'll have to wait. That gives me more time to get the ball nailed down, the threads are being temperamental so I have to make a jig to tap them.
I'll probably have the panel for sale without the ball before then for anyone interested in buying their ball separately.

A couple things to be aware of.
1. The Ball is extremely strong, however I can't attest to the threads of ball since vibrations will be on them continuously. 
They'll come pre-assembled with super glue for threadlock. Sounds cheasy but it's the best thread locker for ABS.
The Price will be reduced accordingly for the first few months. So the ball is free for now.

2. The dash bezel screw that goes into the cigarette lighter panel cannot be used. It's simply not practical to add it due to the print process. (It would make the panel's face very ugly.)

If you're still interested I'll PM you both on monday.

New version allows more space for the dash bezel. The bolt shape is also indented on the backside so you can tighten it back up if it gets loose simply by turning your arm.

Ball.jpg.debd738dd4e25fe26dbebcda6d281353.jpg

installed.jpg.426cb9414cbd08d824c45b6ef0f45801.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, m2bandit said:

All caught up on orders, if someone would like to post pictures of them installed I'd appreciate it. Since my interior right now is... lacking lol.

If anyone with the panel would like to post pictures I can use I would really appreciate it.

Hi Whitaker,
The parts come with basic information for the panel but I can do something a bit more detailed to include the bezel removal and wiring. At this point I've removed the bezel at least 50 times lol.
The holder has to be purchased separately.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:18 PM, Whitaker717 said:

Thank you! Where can we get the holder?

You're welcome.

I have links to them in the top post,
You only need either the ram or the quadlock whichever you prefer (quadlock requires a case specific for your phone)

You need the arm as well. Short or medium is best, long will put too much leverage against the ball

There's also a link to Blue Sea USB ports which I recommend since I've had issues with proper dimensions on others.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...