Very rough idle and fuel leak on rail

I replaced my stock injectors this morning for some Bosch 4 holes and now my truck idles very poorly. Almost sounds like a miss but not quite. I also replaced my spark plugs at the same time and I am mostly sure that I got the wires right. I have heard of when you replace and upgrade your injectors rough idle is normal? Not sure of the truth of that. But the more pressing issue is that where the return line off the vacuum connector it is leaking and I don’t know what I did to break it or how to fix it

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press in lines have a plastic clip to secure it with a rubber oring to seal it. Typically replace orings when take apart for good measure. May need to disconnect battery terminals and touch them together and wait 15 seconds or so and reconnect battery and then start up and let it run a bit and relearn things. All the mean while by all means double check everything you messed with and ensure all is good. 

Touching the terminals together would discharge any energy stored in the ECU, but it's probably not necessary.  Additionally, I don't think the Renix ECU operates with any stored memory anyways, so that shouldn't be necessary. 

6 minutes ago, scaleless said:

Touching the terminals together would discharge any energy stored in the ECU, but it's probably not necessary.  Additionally, I don't think the Renix ECU operates with any stored memory anyways, so that shouldn't be necessary. 

what would you then suggest to fix the issue 

For the leaking return line, buy Dorman 800-013.  It comes with 3/8 and 5/16 fuel o rings, you want the 3/8.  As for the idle miss, first ensure all your spark plug wires are firmly seated on the plugs.  It's very easy to have them slightly off.  Did you gap your plugs properly?  I don't think you mixed up the firing order, otherwise it would be a very bad miss, but do consult this image:

url(6).jpg.7ae471bcc0621736c0c4abc5bfa2937d.jpg

What model number are your injectors?

NO spark plug comes pre-gapped.

My money is on the line from throttle body to MAP sensor got messed up in the process.

Low vacuum to MAP equals pig rich running.

Renix ECU doesn't need resetting either.

I've done tons of Renix injector upgrades and they started right up and ran great. 

So timeline. I wanted to get my truck running a little better so I decided to invest in some coolant, spark plugs , injectors, upgraded headlight harness (because my buddy’s truck burnt down recently and I don’t want the sameness to happen to mine) 

so Tuesday I flushed my coolant with a bunch of distilled water and put a new thermostat in and put new 50/50 in

Wednesday I did half of a c101 delete and got a new fuel filter in

thirday I finished my c101 delete and started it up and it took a second to fire up because I had drained the lines for the fuel filter but it was running much better after that. And I thought I would start it up before my injectors and my spark plugs just so if it was running bad I new it wasn’t the delete. So then I put the sparks and injectors in about the same time and again took a second to fire up but it did and idled and ran not ver smoothly and then I couldn’t get it to start this morning because of I thought I ran out of fuel because it was on empty and I had a fuel leak with doesn’t help. So I bought a new o ring witch fixed the fuel leak and put some gas in and charged the battery still nothing. I broke the vacuum hose that comes out of the throttle body right under the tv cable a while back because brittle 35 year old plastic but it was running fine with some aluminum tape but the tape fell off so I taped it again today to no prevail