Very rough idle and fuel leak on rail

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. I didn’t check all of the plugs last time but I just did and all are dry except for 3 :grrrrrr:. In checking them I messed up 1 maybe two spark plug wires. I can take some off my xj but the xj is down at my moms house rn so it will be a day until I can get those on

Have you replaced plug wires, cap, and rotor?

Look real closely where the injector harness passes from the firewall to the back of the valve cover. Any wires rubbed?

You could also reinstall the original injectors. 

On 7/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, Jesse J said:

I got it to start:banana: except for a huge fuel leak at injectors 4 and 5 where they attach to the fuel rail

6 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Leak fuel or air? 

Sounds like bad o rings on the injectors.  One might have gotten torn during removal/reinstall.....

3 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Lube

A general series of rules for life: Research a little and find the correct type of lube for your application. Add what you think is plenty of lube for the job . . . at hand. Then add some more. Finally, lube is useful even when you think its not needed and almost never hurts to use anyways.

I recommend sil-glyde for lubing orings, including those for your injectors. 

So took my o rings off the wrong injectors onto the stock ones and so no fuel leak anymore and it fired up a i I took it for a drive and it went for about 4 minutes and died and doesn’t want to start :(