The Jeep homestead

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp. Got a new garage door on order to replace this antique wood door, goin the whole 9 yards with hardware and 3/4 horse motor with fancy extras. Also I’m now in the moving parts over phase so I’m slowly decorating/stuffing my storage room full while trying to separate what parts are for Chunk and what’s is spares and for sale. Also I am loving the door into the house:

29695C88-CF29-4112-82C1-6727302A8E3F.jpeg.c0eaac3a7b316e377bed0ab6ffdc04f4.jpeg

More to come as always!

P.S. that is Little Reds original grill. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pool grows algae, get chlorine levels right. Chlorine levels drop off, and filter still rots. Shock the pool. Pool shapes up. Pool turns green. Remove chlorine tablets. Watch pool slowly get worse. Roommate strikes an idea to use clarifier. Pool is back to normal woot woot! Gotta love chemistry. Also while replacing the hose on Little Red the laundry room door just came off the hinges due to the previous owners running the evap cooler religiously and it warped all the damn doors in the house and the laundry room door got the worst of it so now I have to replace that. Yay. Oh and the girlfriend got a new shower head for me to swap in. Yay…. Also I keep dragging parts to the house and I’m either running out of room or parts aren’t selling fast enough lol. 

34 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Depending on the severity,  you can shave a bit off the door to get it to close properly.  :L:

Oh it closed fine but the top screw holes were basically stripped so they were able to slide in and out but then the bottom screws came off and for what ever reason, they are 1/4" long screws.

8 hours ago, Mossmj13 said:

Which one the mounted on the wall or leaning 

I am not sure what you are referring to? 

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

have you tried longer screws?  are these threaded into metal or threaded into wood?

I thought about it but I want to do what my parents did to their door and use one of those folding closet doors. The upper hinge has really long screws threaded into it and the bottom hinge has the short ones. I suppose I could get away with screwing longer ones in the bottom and see if I can find some golf tees to jam into the stripped wood holes to get the door back on. 

• 3 weeks later...

No much new, still havent fixed the laundry room door yet but I took one of the closet doors that was removed from the bedroom and converted it to a shelf. Lets just say what I have hung up terrifies me and I will be putting better support arms on them lol. 

Also the pool is back and we bought a little something

64600085567__BE5B33B9-41B6-4DD8-97BB-FF96605F9DBD.jpg.c8a6087580acf6d3238be1e6e4f71b36.jpg

64602907443__D5E64DE2-6D5E-44E2-A674-BF36CEEE249D.jpg.d12c6308bb004ce59eb65cc6faf74329.jpg

there was a time I became irritated that Lego, instead of creating using the same old blocks (forcing imagination to the fore front), was just making new fancy blocks.  it felt like cheating.  like moving the stickers on the rubik's cube.  but now I'm seeing what the fans can make using all these new blocks and no longer care.  :laugh:  it's brilliant!  what an age to be alive! :D 

I agree Pete. Have you ever seen the Lego Masters show? Some people on there irritate me but theres alot fo cool things that have been built.

Anyways, today is replacing screens! Woo... its easy but its time consuming. I redid the one on the front door as it was ripped and I got the good screen that is pet and UV resistant. It looks like it ought to really help with keeping the house cool

IMG_8715.jpg.509e29776c6b2955055908c8765e0fa0.jpg

I mean, what a difference! 

Yes, our welcome mat is Chunk doing the truffle shuffle, it says, "But first, you gotta do the truuufle shuuufle". 

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yes, our welcome mat is Chunk doing the truffle shuffle, it says, "But first, you gotta do the truuufle shuuufle". 

:laugh: That is awesome!!

4 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I agree Pete. Have you ever seen the Lego Masters show? Some people on there irritate me but theres alot fo cool things that have been built.

Anyways, today is replacing screens! Woo... its easy but its time consuming. I redid the one on the front door as it was ripped and I got the good screen that is pet and UV resistant. It looks like it ought to really help with keeping the house cool

I refuse to watch it... I am childhood friends with one of the contestants in the first season (may or may not have won...) and let's just say there are no positive feelings for said person.

3 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

:laugh: That is awesome!!

It really is, not sure where my girlfriend and her mom found it though but it was a house warming gift.

1 minute ago, Torq_Shep said:

I refuse to watch it... I am childhood friends with one of the contestants in the first season (may or may not have won...) and let's just say there are no positive feelings for said person.

I actually refused to watch it too. I think I watched the first episode of season 1 and was disappointed to say the least. My girl started season 2 and it seems to be better but wasnt by much. There was two supposed "engineers" on the show who made some pretty bad build for being engineers.

• 1 month later...

Been doing alot here and there. I finally won the battle of the pool pump. Had my friend/roommate clean the impeller and had the other friend/roommate get a new sight lid O-ring and that system has been running like a champ at a solid 30psi. 

Also hung the SJ fender on my garage wall and I love it.

65013698788__E1D08D47-A2DA-4C42-817F-DBA1A7D2593C.jpg.77595aa8071caf1caf12343621462907.jpg

Still working things out but stuff from my parents house as slowly making it over and I am slowly doing stuff.

Solar panels are being installed on the roof and I am converting all the fluorescents to LEDs.