The Jeep homestead

Wow, been a bit but absolutely nothing eventful up until this month. One roommate moved out. Room us now a guest bedroom/lego room for me. Pretty happy with that actually.

AC blower motor took a dump yesterday after having the breaker for the AC off all winter. Kicked it on the other day, ran fine up until I got home yesterday and found the intake to be ice cold. Uh oh. Got on the roof and heard the blower motor doing that infamous seized motor sound. Now go back a page or two and youll find a blower assembly in my garage as a blower....same exact one for my AC but in better shape! Threw that assembly in and I am back in business for the AC. I am gonna try to see if I can revive the motor to have a blower again, but I am not holding my breath. But the motor was pretty damn dusty and needs probably a good cleaning.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s bad is I kinda knew I had it as my parents had the same unit just Rheem make VS my Ruud unit which is the same exact company just probably one is a cheaper build than the other. But I am very thankful for my scavenger self to have pulled the assembly from my parents unit.