jeep jt

a1awind

I'm getting conflicting reports about the jt

1 some sites say it is to test the publics reaction to a jeep pickup...I thought that was the purpose of the jeep gladiator concept.

2 others say it is a one off custom.

3. yet others say it is a production ready vehicle.

i hope it is built ... i already told my wife that if it comes out .. we will have one!

They've been testing consumer response here in the states. It would be easy to produce since it's already in production over seas. The foreign military version, (Egypt, Israel, couple others I think..) is the JK frame with heavy duty leaf springs in the rear. It would be nice to have it, but not holding my breath with Chrysler's track record. As some one else noted in their post, it would be better with a seperated bed. With the one piece body, and wheels all the way at the rear, it's pretty much an updated CJ-6. I've been trying to score a CJ-6 for about 3 years now.

yeah the problem is some of us are (i speak for myself) mechanically semi-retarded. i don't own a TJ (if i could i would) and a $10,000kit + $5000 install on a lets say $12,000 used Rubicon adds up i'm betting if they make the jt it will start under 30 which... given the warranty and 0 miles, would be a better investment. now...if i already had a TJ that would be different!

saw 2 cj8's in the junkyard yesterday. its kind of a bummer to walk into the jeep section. some of the jeeps didnt even look like they were ready to be there. It also stinks that in pa once it is salvage you can't bring it back. they had (literally) a pile of cj's a ton of cherokees and grands..even a couple liberty's but no useable comanche parts.

Yea, the Brutes are nice, but as mentioned above, VERY expensive. Cheaper the chop the top off an MJ, and pretty much have the same thing. In response to girsmj86's question, "Isn't the Scrambler a CJ-8?" Yes. Looks very similar to the Brute. Rear wheels are close to the cab, w/ a fair amount of over hang from the bed. The JT is more like the CJ-6, which was a streched CJ-5. The rear wheels were pushed all the way to the rear, leaving almost no over hang.

• 1 year later...

almos

saw 2 cj8's in the junkyard yesterday. its kind of a bummer to walk into the jeep section. some of the jeeps didnt even look like they were ready to be there. It also stinks that in pa once it is salvage you can't bring it back. they had (literally) a pile of cj's a ton of cherokees and grands..even a couple liberty's but no useable comanche parts.

You can bring a salvage vehicle back to life in Pa. You just end up with a reconstucted title. It lowers the resale value a bit on a newer vehicle but on an older car or truck it really doesnt hurt it that much providing the repairs wre done correctly. The problem is every notary you talk to will give you different info on what you have to do.

A Jeep "JT" I love it!! I hope it makes it to production.. Oh yes I will have one! "Hey look JT got a new JT Jeep!!"

:clapping: :chillin:

And........they named it after you JT.......... :D

I like.......but, only down side to it, what more or less killed the MJ.........No rear storage, like with a super cap :(

I like.......but, only down side to it, what more or less killed the MJ.........No rear storage, like with a super cap :(

Wow, talk about brought back from the dead.

Anyways, I still agree with Wildman. And I still feel the Gladiator has a stronger chance at surviving. This is nothing more then the CJ-8, which as stated way back when this post started, did not live long. A smaller niche vehicle in an already niche vehicle line is not the best idea. Just the other day though they (Chryslers dev team or whatever you want to call em) were talking about maybe building the Gladiator once the financial issues are resolved. Only time will tell at this point. *crosses fingers*

Alex

A Jeep "JT" I love it!! I hope it makes it to production.. Oh yes I will have one! "Hey look JT got a new JT Jeep!!"

:clapping: :chillin:

And........they named it after you JT.......... :D

haha!

I wonder if anyone will offer a bed cap for it?