Engine bay reference pics?

Hey all, new to the forums, and am about to start diving into the MJ but was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to snap a few reference pics for me?  I really just need a few good overhead pictures of the engine compartment on an 89 4.0L.  I have a few stray wires and things I'm not sure about.  Also if anyone has any pics of an open cooling conversion that would be great.  I searched but couldn't really find just a good overhead picture.  Thanks for any help!

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, Strokermjcomanche said:

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

What are the red and white wires coming out from the firewall where the two coolant lines go into the heater core? The two wires are almost under the coolant container and just to the left of the heater core coolant lines. 

3 hours ago, ValpoManche said:

What are the red and white wires coming out from the firewall where the two coolant lines go into the heater core? The two wires are almost under the coolant container and just to the left of the heater core coolant lines. 

The red is the power wire for the hood light. The white is the vacuum line for the heater valve

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Interesting, I followed your link and it shows only fitting 1991-2001. Obviously it works from your pics. Never thought anyone made a kit for older MJ's

On 5/30/2023 at 11:49 PM, TurboedMJ said:

Think we could make this a sticky? Very helpful for reference. 

if we can get a collection of all the engine bays we can start a new thread in the DIY section :L:  

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

if we can get a collection of all the engine bays we can start a new thread in the DIY section :L:  

I've made myself an engine bay reference directory by pulling photos of engine bays from cherokees and comanche's off bringatrailer.

Reason being? The photos are essentially in the public domain and usually show the engine bay very clean. I sorted them by year. If you want me to send them your way I can no prob bob.

• Pete M changed the title to Engine bay reference pics?
On 6/1/2023 at 10:24 AM, Strokermjcomanche said:

Air aid 310-136 

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this. Can anyone that has used this on a Renix elaborate on the fitment ?  Looks nice but we all know everything is not totally bolt in.

Just want to feel more comfortable ordering something that is not listed for a 1989 MJ application.

Thanks

15 hours ago, PIKE said:

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this. Can anyone that has used this on a Renix elaborate on the fitment ?  Looks nice but we all know everything is not totally bolt in.

Just want to feel more comfortable ordering something that is not listed for a 1989 MJ application.

Thanks

you should probably start a new thread so more eyeballs will see the title. :L: