I knew floor pans were bad just found out how bad today!

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

no state is immune to floor rot since it's cause by rain and leaky seals. :(  if your floor hasn't gone bad, it's due to good seals. :L:  

...or due to luck and a lifetime mainly spent parked indoors (or in a place where it rarely rains). I'm still not convinced that "good seals" and "MJ" can coexist without considerable effort on the part of the owner. Mainly thinking of the stupid fuse box connection here.

1 hour ago, Minuit said:

...or due to luck and a lifetime mainly spent parked indoors (or in a place where it rarely rains). I'm still not convinced that "good seals" and "MJ" can coexist without considerable effort on the part of the owner. Mainly thinking of the stupid fuse box connection here.

:laugh: Quite true

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, Proama said:

0DBE4F84-A235-4D94-8968-A148C07BCD1E.jpeg

F7BB1374-9E18-48F3-B333-F9EABF6819CC.jpeg

E4B5DDAC-F467-4E8E-84A8-1646D5178636.jpeg

0ED81C8B-0013-488D-BAB8-00C2C1527D72.jpeg

38E2CC51-BE48-4387-BEF5-7227B0066BF0.jpeg

That’s a hell of a bummer to open up, I’ve got the same flooring and hoping this weekend to maybe take a peek at mine.

I Hope to see how well you are able to clean that up!!

What are suggested ways to repair that kind of damage,

Also do you want to just clean and put back those vinyl floors?

Good luck brotha! 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:39 PM, Pete M said:

no state is immune to floor rot since it's cause by rain and leaky seals. :(  if your floor hasn't gone bad, it's due to good seals. :L:  

Good floor mats help too.   I use simple flat rubber mats in the summer but put Husky Liners in during the winter.   They're a pain in the butt to remove with an inch of water (snow melt) in them so I just throw a towel on them to sop it up.  That water would have made its way to the carpets and that would take months to dry up on its own.