My Cherokee on BAT:

Sir Sam

36 minutes ago, Torq_Shep said:

How was the process to get it posted? Plan is to clean up my FJ80 and post it up this summer. 

You have to answer a fair number of different questions about it, then they take that information and writeup an ad. Once you submit everything they will take a few days to get back to you if they accept it, I submitted it with a reserve and they first came back saying they would accept as a no reserve auction. I told them my reserve was put at what I knew I could sell it for locally and that I had to keep it. they accepted right away after that. I have heard they will also try and negotiate your reserve down as well, so there can be some back and forth. I can understand how they want vehicles to sell and they would prefer not to have reserves. 

Then I had to wait weeks, I think this was just a function of when I submitted. It seems like they like to do vehicles in groups, so if you are watching one cherokee you will see other cherokees as well, I expect from the historical sales that another XJ will be listed in a few days, but maybe not.

This is also a good test case for me to get to know BAT, I'm planning on importing 70 series and 80 series land cruisers to resell on BAT. And well as my Land Rover Defender when I get that project done. For beatup junk I don't think BAT is the right place, but for exceptional vehicles that have a good following I think its a great place.

Man what a day, take a look at the bidding history near the end and how they came in. Lots of people holding off until the end to snipe it. Winning bidder bid with 25 seconds remaining and then we went into the 2 minute timer again. 

I just talked to the guy and he is super excited about it. Going to someone who will appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

That was fun to watch.  Where did you find it and was your intention to flip it?  Just curious.  

I found it on Craigslist. Ya it was my intention to flip it. I never expected it to pull so much though. I figured I could get 6k locally and maybe 8k on BAT. I did not expect it to go so high. Never had something sell so high before. 

3 hours ago, Alexia said:

Also not hiding rust under the carpet.  Those floors rust so easily even on well maintained ones.

Another spot is above the muffler, and the passenger rear quarter panel. Was it a Dealer, or an individual purchase? I could have seen this going higher, if the economy was better. The mileage might have been at the tipping point for higher prices too.