HVAC Control panels

Wanted to start a thread to gauge interest in this service. As many of you know, I’ve been reproducing oem and custom switch trim panels including all new assemblies with oem switches and lights. I started to work on the hvac panels next and am curious to see if there is any interest. Due to the complexity of getting these fitted just right, I’m thinking of offering this as a refurbishing service. You would send me your hvac panel and I would dissasemble it and rebuild it. This would include a new front bezel for a clean new look with fully functional oem backlighting. 

6680C857-39C2-47DF-906F-CCE8669DCD7B.jpeg

60A28770-2454-4FBA-B15F-0FBE9DB32625.jpeg

D19F5607-98A4-4403-A394-BE71001063AC.jpeg

3697ADD3-950A-4852-9F6E-9601EDB4B516.jpeg

3CD1F303-F534-4445-9D1C-F08FCE3A76F7.jpeg

F994C52D-65F1-4326-BFCB-D681BD5BA5D2.jpeg

Update: I'm thinking about doing these on a core-exchange basis to avoid long shipping wait times but you could still send them in for a refurbish if you wanted to keep your original unit. I'm planning to begin doing these starting in March or April depending on how busy work is (or isn't) these next few months. The plan is to have completely refurbed units that will have new mounting tabs, faceplates, and refurbished vacuum controls, sliders etc. 

8 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

That sounds like a big challenge. I feel like a sticker would be the only way without trying to do it the factory way. 

Yeah that’s a possibility. My wife is an artist and could probably pinstripe them for you. Should last a good while that way

8 hours ago, Torq_Shep said:

I know someone selling a panel for pretty cheap if you want one to just start with as a core. I would be interested in a rebuilt one if you can put the white trim on the sliders on. 

I plan on picking up several cores over the next couple months. It’s not to cost effective for me shipping wise to just get one panel at a time but if someone has a few they would like to get rid of that would be nice

4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I plan on picking up several cores over the next couple months. It’s not to cost effective for me shipping wise to just get one panel at a time but if someone has a few they would like to get rid of that would be nice

I'll check tonight, I think I have a box of these that are doing me no good sitting on the shelf. 

Are you going to compile a list of people who want this? If so, please put me on it. Doing some interior work on my truck yesterday and I got a closer look at my panel and it's starting to peel at the edges and is quite faded. 

This isn't my actual panel, but I have this version

s-l300.jpg

On 1/25/2021 at 9:21 AM, GrandComanche said:

Are you going to compile a list of people who want this? If so, please put me on it. Doing some interior work on my truck yesterday and I got a closer look at my panel and it's starting to peel at the edges and is quite faded. 

This isn't my actual panel, but I have this version

s-l300.jpg

I haven’t created a list yet but suppose I will start soon. I’m finishing up some switch bezels this week and then will be  slammed at work for a month or two. After that I’m planning to focus on these projects. I have one non-ac panel like that one. I’m planning on having a core exchange. I’d pay for the old core that you can send me once you receive your new one. That way we don’t hold up shipping forever and I can keep a rebuild supply.

3 hours ago, GrandComanche said:

Sounds good. Let me know when it's available and I'll buy it up and ship you mine. 

Sounds good. Keep an eye on this thread and I’ll let everyone know when they’re ready. Gathering parts in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update: Ive vector traced the bezels and am adding the color filter backnings. These will be almost identical to the way factory made them. I'm hoping to achieve a better glow through than factory did though. I now have a good supply of replacement parts and should be able to start producing a prototype shortly. Will try to update everyone in a week or so. 

4 hours ago, ValpoManche said:

I'll check my parts truck and parts bins. If I have extras of these I'll send them to you and ask to get one back to install in my frame off resto I'm working on. 

Sounds good. I’ll be knocking out a prototype or 3 in the next week or so. 

• 3 weeks later...