HVAC Control Panels, Finally!

Updated 12/12/2021

What's available:

HVAC Control panels/decks:

Are the original HVAC controls in your MJ/XJ giving you trouble? Or are you looking for that finishing touch to a 100% oem restoration? I have been working on these control panels for just over a year now and am restoring them to factory new (and sometimes a bit better). These control panels are completely stripped down and disassembled and rebuilt with all restored parts. New or restored blower motor switches are installed, front bezels are meticulously refinished down to the textured top layer. Even the control knobs are refinished with the oem white striping which is hand painted. The controls are smooth and precise and the vacuum control system is inspected and any faulty components replaced. Each control deck takes several days to complete but add great functionality and finish to your oem dash. 

Cost:

$150 shipped including a $25 refundable core (OR) If you would prefer to restore your existing unit, we offer that service for $125 including return shipping. 

How to order:

Please send me a PM or email me at derek @ dbdguam.com (remove spaces for email) 

Lead times:

Approximately 2 weeks

639D4E43-90B5-4FAC-81B4-9622B2C25BDE.jpeg.4daa9c7c644d0904b8228f3be28d09a6.jpeg
6195928D-1E0D-4F65-BBEE-46B361CCFBBD.jpeg.062a89d6fb7972eb75d68362181c1577.jpeg

88067C27-9885-43E5-B3D0-D2AB8511F087.jpeg

A192CD6F-7037-4249-9BA4-498EB3A3609A.jpeg

C1A60507-20F9-44F3-A77F-038A8E27F00E.jpeg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I'm thinking about doing these on a core-exchange basis to avoid long shipping wait times but you could still send them in for a refurbish if you wanted to keep your original unit. I'm planning to begin doing these starting in March or April depending on how busy work is (or isn't) these next few months. The plan is to have completely restored units.

8 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

That sounds like a big challenge. I feel like a sticker would be the only way without trying to do it the factory way. 

Yeah that’s a possibility. My wife is an artist and could probably pinstripe them for you. Should last a good while that way

8 hours ago, Torq_Shep said:

I know someone selling a panel for pretty cheap if you want one to just start with as a core. I would be interested in a rebuilt one if you can put the white trim on the sliders on. 

I plan on picking up several cores over the next couple months. It’s not to cost effective for me shipping wise to just get one panel at a time but if someone has a few they would like to get rid of that would be nice

4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I plan on picking up several cores over the next couple months. It’s not to cost effective for me shipping wise to just get one panel at a time but if someone has a few they would like to get rid of that would be nice

I'll check tonight, I think I have a box of these that are doing me no good sitting on the shelf. 

Are you going to compile a list of people who want this? If so, please put me on it. Doing some interior work on my truck yesterday and I got a closer look at my panel and it's starting to peel at the edges and is quite faded. 

This isn't my actual panel, but I have this version

s-l300.jpg

On 1/25/2021 at 9:21 AM, GrandComanche said:

Are you going to compile a list of people who want this? If so, please put me on it. Doing some interior work on my truck yesterday and I got a closer look at my panel and it's starting to peel at the edges and is quite faded. 

This isn't my actual panel, but I have this version

s-l300.jpg

I haven’t created a list yet but suppose I will start soon. I’m finishing up some switch bezels this week and then will be  slammed at work for a month or two. After that I’m planning to focus on these projects. I have one non-ac panel like that one. I’m planning on having a core exchange. I’d pay for the old core that you can send me once you receive your new one. That way we don’t hold up shipping forever and I can keep a rebuild supply.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ValpoManche said:

I'll check my parts truck and parts bins. If I have extras of these I'll send them to you and ask to get one back to install in my frame off resto I'm working on. 

Sounds good. I’ll be knocking out a prototype or 3 in the next week or so. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • ghetdjc320 changed the title to HVAC Control Panels, Finally!