HVAC Control Panels, Finally!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Hey there, apologies for the delayed response. I’ve been super swamped and haven’t been working on these in a while. I do have all the parts to assemble a complete refurbished unit with new fan control switch, bezel, and all controls refurbished. I just don’t have the time to put one all together at the moment. I’ll update this thread as soon as I get moving on these. 

• 1 month later...

Alright, progress has been made at last! I have several panels all stripped down as well as a supply of restored parts and pieces. I have also collected a supply of new fan switches when the original Indak switch is no longer rebuildable. These panels function as new and are completely restored using as many if not all original parts. I will have a couple available by the end of the week but have several more in the works. 

A complete restored panel is $150 which includes a $25 refundable core charge. 

If you would like to have your original model restored that service is $125. 

I take a painstaking amount of time trying to save all the original pieces for these units but on occasion I will use a few small replacement parts such as springs, e clips, screws, contacts etc. 

Will post some pics of restored units in a few days. 

The factory Indak fan motor switches are being meticulously restored. All previous grease and oxidation is removed, the contact rivets are tightened, pcb boards cleaned, housings stripped and refinished. They are absolutely awesome!

Here are some restored panel bezels as well. These have 3 additional coats of the matte factory style finish for extra protection. Buttons are being restored as well including the white striping

4E8A6B1D-E949-4AAB-B1BA-987C7D320A2C.jpeg

• ghetdjc320 changed the title to HVAC Control Panels, Finally!
8 hours ago, GrandComanche said:

Are you still adding illumination? If yes, I'll take one of the below pictured panels. I'll also send you my current core to add to your stock. 

95EFBB95-0B71-4AA1-89E2-78965D3C3B77.jpeg.0f4a9aae4f10d1f174376dea887b5532 (1).jpeg

They are fully illuminated yes. I’ll some  pictures of the nighttime illumination in the next day or two. 

Here is the first completed panel:

@Rubikahn and @GrandComanche 

You guys have first dibs

I’m going to set aside a couple for myself at some point as well. Controls are smooth as butter. The illumination back panel reflectors are hand polished. I tested these with both LED and incandescent “74” style bulbs. Both work very well but I would recommend an LED with a slightly orange glow. That way you get the correct color match to your other accessories but more brightness. 

79C92572-025F-4929-B2DF-5CA7754151C0.jpeg

1D227BA3-9D72-4868-81DA-B40B2D8F9C3A.jpeg

CEE10049-7DFC-4C0C-B169-4BE40F9BBF8A.jpeg

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Here is the first completed panel:

@Rubikahn and @GrandComanche 

You guys have first dibs

I’m going to set aside a couple for myself at some point as well. Controls are smooth as butter. The illumination back panel reflectors are hand polished. I tested these with both LED and incandescent “74” style bulbs. Both work very well but I would recommend an LED with a slightly orange glow. That way you get the correct color match to your other accessories but more brightness. 

79C92572-025F-4929-B2DF-5CA7754151C0.jpeg

1D227BA3-9D72-4868-81DA-B40B2D8F9C3A.jpeg

CEE10049-7DFC-4C0C-B169-4BE40F9BBF8A.jpeg

Wow, that looks great! It looks like it’s  brand new. Yeah, I’m definitely in for one. 

14 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have never felt more compelled to want one, buttttttt how possible would it be to get the early 84-early 86 font style for the later control decks?

IMG_8270.jpg.0b7c3079d5b28382d5bde477cccc1837.jpg

I would need an original to do that with but yes it’s possible.