Jeep Liberty.....

CWLONGSHOT

I just bought one for the Wife. Its a 2004 Sport one owner with 44,000 miles. 3.7 V6, discs at all 4 corners, PS, PB, PW, PM, cloth int.

Last month she got T Boned and rolled the WJ twice!! The best part is she didnt get hurt!!!! Couple bruses, but thats it.

Its a TEMP vehicle. meant to last her maybe two years, until I can get her another grand.

What can you tell me?

Thanks guys!!

CW

I just bought one for the Wife. Its a 2004 Sport one owner with 44,000 miles. 3.7 V6, discs at all 4 corners, PS, PB, PW, PM, cloth int.

Last month she got T Boned and rolled the WJ twice!! The best part is she didnt get hurt!!!! Couple bruses, but thats it.

Its a TEMP vehicle. meant to last her maybe two years, until I can get her another grand.

What can you tell me?

Thanks guys!!

CW

Seem like pretty solid little Jeeps. Had one at the last Jamboree I went to in the catskills, it did good for being stock...and the chick that drove it was smokin hot. She didnt wheel with our group but I did see some video of it, pretty tough little Jeep. When my moms XJ finally dies, I will look for a liberty to replace it. can't really compare it to a Grand Cherokee though, different animal all together.

We currently have a CRD libby in the family and my sister had a v6 one a few years back. It's an ok rig, but I'm not sure I'd personally want one that wasn't CRD. The best thing about the other libbys (cause the best thing about mine is the engine :D ) is that, IFS or not, it seem much better built than the other small SUVs I've been in. It has a solid rear axle for goodness sake! Far too many of the other ones have IRS and feel too lightweight. Admittedly the lesser rigs do get a bit better gas mileage, but the libbys feel tougher and more, I don't know, substantial.

I have a 2004 limited 4x4. My wife to be drives the crap out of it daily. I bought it brand new in August of 04 and haven't had a single mechanical issue yet. To me it is just a car with 4wd, compared to my old rubi and my comanche, but I still like to drive it. It has plenty of power for a V6. The only complaint I have is the lack of room.

Thanks for the comments guys!!

One thing I GOTTA do is tires. This is a "off lease" vehicle and the PO threw on a cheep set of Mastercraft PASS CAR tires on it to meet his requirement of terminating the lease. :eek: Factory tire size was 215/75/16 and the ones on here are 235/75/16. Whats the biggest I can fit wit out any lift? Will fact ruby tires fit? (245/75/16)

Here is a couple pics:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

CW

Whats the biggest I can fit wit out any lift? Will fact ruby tires fit? (245/75/16)

no, unfortunately they won't. Here's a guide to what will fit on a KJ and how much you need to lift to get larger tires to work:

tiresize.jpg

I agree with JohnQ-the KJ is a nice jeep but doesn't have much room. That's why i'm looking for an MJ; seems like at least once a month i need to move something that won't fit in a KJ. I'm also looking for something i can mod without having to worry about voiding the warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I have mixed fillings on the libby,, I like the fun to drive aspect of them, but,,,

Everytime I get into them i feel like I'm sitting on top of it,,, Like the seats are really tall or something,

And the interior lighting SUCKS!!! No overhead light other then a map light in the front, doesnt really help when you drop something in the rear floorboard,

On the interstate.... comfy , but the mirrors make a hell of alot of noise

AND MORE THING THAT I HATED!!!!! The power window switches or on the center console! Every damn time I try to roll my windows down the flipping doors lock (cause I hit the lock switch where the window switch SHOULD be)

MOther In-law has an 04 as well, she bought it new, and cause she had to have a certian color (red) and she wanted the chrome wheels, leather, sunroof, as well as 4x4 she got took on the price, but she is really happy with it. She does say it is a lil rough on gas.

My wifey hates it.. she says my old beater xj's are better on gas and have more room, so once they work out the bugs.. we will be buying a new Patriot :eek:

I never really cared for them because they replaced the XJ but over all they are a good vehicle. Too small for the family so we bought this one recently.

an 04 with just under 20,000 miles on it for 12,900 with my old wagoneer as a trade in. Last year for the 4.0L and it has select trac 4x4 system which I prefer.

• 1 month later...