What is Your Daily Driver?

Torq_Shep

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:32 AM, Fernando87mj said:

How do those wk2s hold up ? I really really think they’re a phenomenal looking Jeep 

I was a Chrysler dealer tech for 13 years. If I thought there were going to be a bunch of issues, I wouldn't have bought one. The 14 and ups have the 8 speed, which so far has been a good auto trans, hasn't given many issues, and the 3.6 has been a good engine too. Ive seen several examples of 200,000 mile ones with very few if any issues. I know they have a couple of known issues, but after working on them so much, I don't see them as a deterrent$. I'm  now at a GM dealer, and we get the WK2's through the used car dept regularly. the interiors seem to hold up good with regular use. I keep my vehicles for usually around 15 years, and if I thought I was going to have any kind of issues I wouldn't have bought one, especially a used one! I got mine off of a 3 year lease. The leasing dealer auctioned it, a franchise used car dealer bought it, and Then I got it. It was a leftover 15 model, leased in 16. They turned it in early last year, and then I got it last spring with less than 30,000 miles on it. Sticker was almost $45,000. I got it for 25 out the door. I love that I didn't have to take that $20,000 hit on it!

How do those wk2s hold up ? I really really think they’re a phenomenal looking Jeep 
My wife's DD is a 2017 Hemi Trailhawk. It has over 45k on it and has been amazing. It can get almost 24 mpg on the highway and tows our pontoon with ease.05c3d263bf8da28c3ef16554c0d5da6e.jpgd7e5685b61856233dff9d601dd4b1cbf.jpg

1 hour ago, dasbulliwagen said:

They turned it in early last year, and then I got it last spring with less than 30,000 miles on it. Sticker was almost $45,000. I got it for 25 out the door. I love that I didn't have to take that $20,000 hit on it!

we did the same on the durango. :L:  (though it was challenging to find an AWD with low range that hadn't seen snow yet.  I found one in NC that had originally been sold in TN).  Combine that with the extended warranty and you can save a TON of cash while having the maximum piece of mind. :D

oh, and the warranty is transferable one time, so if we ever sold the R/T it would be a huge selling point.

DD is a Mazda 6.

The Comanche is the only pick-up truck in our household which is one of the reasons why the build has stayed fairly mild.  I love hitting the trails, but ultimately the MJ needs to stay practical enough for running truck errands around town to justify its spot in the garage.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, derf said:

Subaru Crosstrek.  I don't have pictures handy but it's just a generic hatchback that gets halfway decent mileage and it can get around in the snow pretty good.  And I'm not tempted to modify it.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, mnkyboy said:

2019 Crosstrek 

I never really cared for Subaru's until the Crosstrek came along.  I rubberneck every time I see a Crosstrek, and the appreciation for them has me liking all Subaru's now.  

My DD is a 2017 KL Cherokee Trailhawk.  I love everything about it except a front end rattle that the dealer can't figure out.  Started when it was 6 months old.  I hear it on every other bump I hit.  I have visions of jumping it Dukes of Hazzard style into FCA headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI.  

My other DD is a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo Freedom Edition 4.7L HO that I bought a week or two before the 2005s hit showrooms.  I had loved the WJ since I saw a photo of one in 1998.  It was great getting one at the last chance with $8K off sticker!!!  My mom's DD is a '93 ZJ I bought in summer 1996.  Where has the time gone?  Both Grand's are 2WD.  It was awesome when I found my MJ in 2007, and it was 4WD.  Finally, I owned a 4x4 Jeep!  But I have never taken it off road, and now I don't have any plans to do so.  I have taken my Trailhawk to Hot Springs ORV in Arkansas three times.  It's stock with just the addition of Rocky Road Outfitter's "Super Sliders."  One of the tougher Badge of Honor trails got me on the last trip.  I hung it on a rock that stuck right up between the skid plates and cracked the catalytic converter when the post-cat pipe was shoved too hard.  Other than that it's just got rock rash on the wheels.   

IMG_2347.JPG