J 003073

Koshon L

1 hour ago, Koshon L said:

Another clue.. I have no doubt truck was originally black on black with gold pinstripes. Also has all the goodies ie a/c power windows and mirrors, tilt wheel and cruise control 

A race truck would not have all these options, they're usually stripped down to save weight.

Looks like there may be something under the J 003073 VIN in the dash pad.

10 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

A race truck would not have all these options, they're usually stripped down to save weight.

Looks like there may be something under the J 003073 VIN in the dash pad.

I agree. Just the vin tag nothing under it. Had dash out to refinish 

There should be a tag behind the front bumper, rivited to the frame crossmember thing.  See if that is there.  

This is very curious.  Could possibly be a military vehicle.  It looks to me more like a serial number than a vin.  J for Jeep and 003073 for the number. 

Edit: My buddy who dealt with the vehicles in the military said it looks like a serial number or an asset number.  They do use normal production vehicles for bases here in the US but those would have a normal VIN now, not sure about back then.

5 hours ago, Koshon L said:

Yes.. I have gone through every inch of this truck rebuilding it

Sometimes the front crossmember has the Vin number stamped on it as well for another place to look. It'll be in between the bumper in the front of the crossmember generally towards the driver side,sometimes it hides behind that lower valance peace.

• 10 months later...