Yanked?

Tsalagi

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

your opinion is duly noted. :L: 

but this isn't 5 guys talking face to face.  it's the internet.  and this is a forum.  and these are typed words.  and I have to deal with all the drama that unfolds out of these discussions because it's my responsibility to maintain a friendly place where people can come to talk about Comanches.  Been modding this place for a long time now and have no patience for the precursors to drama.  Just causes me headaches.  Good people have left over drama. 

Maybe the 'Pub' should go away?

This is Pete's sandbox we're playing in.  Considering the subject thread that was removed, I think it's a natural to compare Pete to a Range Safety Officer!  You may not always agree with him, but we defer to him.  I'm not aware of a more friendly or helpful forum than this one.  Hopefully, it stays that way.  My posts on the topic went away too.

2 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Maybe the 'Pub' should go away?

nope. :L:  Just like some families find they have to avoid certain topics around the dinner table, we too have some guidelines so as to avoid drama.  Because people don't come here to hit the hard topics.  They come to smile and take part in light-hearted banter about MJs and life.  There are millions of other places on the internet to get into the big discussions, I don't feel the CC needs it too.  :beerchug: 

Just now, Pete M said:

nope. :L:  Just like some families find they have to avoid certain topics around the dinner table, we too have some guidelines so as to avoid drama.  Because people don't come here to hit the hard topics.  They come to smiles and take part in light-hearted banter about MJs and life.  There are millions of other places on the internet to get into the big discussions, I don't feel the CC needs it too.  :beerchug: 

Agreed. :beerbang:

2 hours ago, johnj92131 said:

Respectfully, the Framers lived in a different time.  The Framers did wonderful work Iin building the world's oldest functioning Constitution.  I'm the time of the Framers, news and events moved slowly.  People in the next state or community were viewed as New Yorkers or Pennsylvanian's.

Not so today.  Most of us identify as American's when we leave the country.  Not Californian or Texans.

The national popular vote interstate compact seeks to change the method of electing the President and Vice President from the current status, which gives control of the election results to a group of small population states that has only 18% of the total U.S. population.

Hopefully, my post will be accepted as intended.

Just a clear explanation.  Nothing more.

I just hope everyone remembers to not jump to conclusions, act with empathy. We are not all mind readers, and I hope nobody is afraid to pitch in on a discussion. The idea of this is a friendly space to enjoy one another :)!  I understand your point of view and respect the idea of time moving forward. We have defiantly  progressed for the better over time (   accept for fiat jeep arguably (;  ). The view that I am looking through is simple demographic values. I agree we are all more american than ever before, but the problems that I have in LA are apples and oranges to someone living in a rural area. The idea of the electoral college is to make sure those who live in any community big or small get a voice. 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

nope. :L:  Just like some families find they have to avoid certain topics around the dinner table, we too have some guidelines so as to avoid drama.  Because people don't come here to hit the hard topics.  They come to smiles and take part in light-hearted banter about MJs and life.  There are millions of other places on the internet to get into the big discussions, I don't feel the CC needs it too.  :beerchug: 

Well said Pete.

Couldn't have said it any better than that Chief.:usaflag:

If you want to see the results of "popular vote", look no further than Virginia.  Geographically, about 98% of the state voted one way, but the population centers of northern VA (the DC area) and Tidewater (Norfolk area) swung the vote for the entire state.  Those who seek this solution know that, and that's why they are pushing it.  It's nothing more than disproportionate representation.

1 minute ago, johnj92131 said:

Chief,

I grew up in L.A. and Orange county.  I was born in Scotland and arrived at Ellis Island on November 26, 1952 at the age of 4.  Have lived in L.A., Orange County or San Diego ever since.

I appreciate your kind thoughts.. 

JJ

Thats awesome! I am second generation american ! My grandmother lives in Ramona,CA. The best pizza Iv ever had is at Fillipies Pizza Grotto in Escondido ! You should join the OC/ Socal meetup discussion! Always good to have a conversation ! 

cheers!

- Michael 

2 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Is this relevant?

It appears that you approve of this?

Jeep Driver,

Simply trying to proved  clear exploitation, with out any editorial comment from me.

No personal opinions expressed or intended to be implied.

JJ

Well, an update on VA politics.  The senate judiciary committee voted down the bill related to leaving a firearm accessible to a minor in "a reckless manor" being a felony.  Two D senators joined ranks with the R's for the down vote.  For those unaware, D's have the majority in both the house and the senate here, after the last elections, thanks to heavy $$$ influence and geographical presence (see my above post), plus a heavy dose of gerrymandering.  And we have a D governor.

The "assault weapons" (which they cannot specifically define in any logical way) ban is also meeting resistance too.  Clear heads may actually be prevailing in some of this mess after all.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

nope. :L:  Just like some families find they have to avoid certain topics around the dinner table, we too have some guidelines so as to avoid drama.  Because people don't come here to hit the hard topics.  They come to smile and take part in light-hearted banter about MJs and life.  There are millions of other places on the internet to get into the big discussions, I don't feel the CC needs it too.  :beerchug: 

And I appreciate it. If people want to chat about politics and such cool but I came here for comanches and other shenanigans. 

For those following this, HB961 (the weapons ban bill) just got tabled until next season.  Yay.

Small victory but we'll take it.  The hard work now begins to get the whole mess expunged from next years docket.