1990 MJ no spark????

I am trying to start my 1990 MJ but have no spark. THis truck hasn't been started for over a year due to needing a clutch job. All the spark plug wires had bad corrosion, also the ignition coil connection points were corroded, I have cleaned all of these. I'm using an in line spark tester and I'm getting no spark however the motor cranks over fine. Any ideas what I need to check next? 

Also any good ideas on how to clean the electrical connectors I'm pointing to on the ignition coil? I tried my best but the copper is still not shiny.

1990 MJ

4.0, AX15, 4x4, longbed pioneer

IMG_20200122_083151353_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200122_083158508_HDR.jpg

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but...

Perform Cruiser's Renix Tips first before shooting parts at it.  Especially test the CPS.  If it is not functioning the ECU will not send power to the ignition system.

Yep I'll start working my way through Cruisers tips, just wondering which numbers are most connected to no spark issues.

1 hour ago, 87MJTIM said:

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but...

Perform Cruiser's Renix Tips first before shooting parts at it.  Especially test the CPS.  If it is not functioning the ECU will not send power to the ignition system.

3 hours ago, JeepJoe said:

Yep I'll start working my way through Cruisers tips, just wondering which numbers are most connected to no spark issues.

1, 2 ,4, 5 & 7.

The rest are good to perform, but these directly effect electrical signals. (not that other ones don't effect electrical signals)

Good news guys. Checked the cps, and the dumb thing wasn't installed! I guess the guy I bought it from took it off when he started the clutch replacement. Mutch swearing and an hour later had it back in, Cruiser thanks for the tape and 11mm socket idea. 

So now it cranks, and I have spark all the way to the cylinders, but it still won't start. When I use starter fluid I get some back fireing, but the motor won't even cough or sputter. At least I'm a step forward! 

Any new ideas??