today was awesome! went back and scored more stuff!

Pete M

Took my dad out for a junkyard adventure today. :D grabbed the aforementioned skid and hitch, plus the silver dash trim, 2 decent turbines, and the front chrome bumper.  the bumper isn't perfect, but it'll be good enough to hang on the wall under my chrome front header.  :L:   while we were there looking for a decent PT cruiser headlight, my pop found an early PT with super comfy cloth seats so I pulled them too.  His PT is an 07 with the same crappy seat design that came in my Libby.

pics coming in a bit... 

Did you grab the wiring harness for the hitch? (unless you homebrew one yourself)

I got a free Mopar hitch, courtesy of the "gas tank/possible horrible explosion if you get rearended" recall campaign, but the dealership would not install a wiring harness.  It wasn't part of the recall, LOL.  I had to wait patiently until a decent KJ showed up in my 'yard with the harness and was finally able to grab one.  Plug and play....I like that.

U Wrench It?  I think?  it's right down the street from pull a part north.  :L: 

I did snag as much of the Liberty hitch harness as I could get.  I already have a factory setup, but it never hurts to have another lying around. :D  The XJ only had a generic 4 pin so I left it.  

most of the goodies I snagged in the last week or so

the bumper has rust ont eh backside and the pass light is cracked.  but the rest is in pretty nice shape. :D 

20200128_150445.jpg

the bed that I just had to have for some reason that started all this craziness:

20200128_150617.jpg

pass seat

20200128_150658.jpg

same wheels plus the XJ skid an hitch

20200128_150605.jpg

Peugeot replacement kit :D 

20200128_150715.jpg

Nice! '88 Laredos had unique upholstery - that's the only place you'll find grey, plaid fabric. Just FYI.

I too had a junkyard adventure today - mostly for some boring GM stuff for other people, but I did happen upon a RHD '95 XJ with an NP242... and a '91 Laredo that hadn't been touched since it left the factory - even down to the factory hose clamps. Got a lot of good little stuff out of that one. I thought about skinning the seats so I have my 3rd set of tear-free spare upholstery for my own '91, but didn't feel like it in the end.

the header and bumper and going to be hung on a wall as my tribute to Don.  :L:  need to buy some clear corner lights and I'll probably steal my light covers from my new MJ to hide the cracked lens on the pass side.  Then I just need to figure out how to hang this weird;y shaped thing.  :thinking:

the red bed is mine forever.  the blue bed is a shorty and will probably be up for sale at some point in the near future.  likely right before my trip back to Michigan in march. 

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

the blue bed is a shorty and will probably be up for sale at some point in the near future.  likely right before my trip back to Michigan in march. 

I smell a CC Auction, and you bet I’ll be a bidder on that bed! 

It was missing the engine skid though.  and I didn't see any evidence that it was already swiped. :dunno:   No tow hooks either. :mad:  not that I'm suddenly picky about it, but come on, who buys a Jeep with everything and then doesn't get tow hooks?  :thinking:

9 minutes ago, Pete M said:

It was missing the engine skid though.  and I didn't see any evidence that it was already swiped. :dunno:   No tow hooks either. :mad:  not that I'm suddenly picky about it, but come on, who buys a Jeep with everything and then doesn't get tow hooks?  :thinking:

I've had the hardest time finding an XJ with tow hooks. In all my time junkyarding I don't think I've seen a single set of the factory hooks.

11 minutes ago, Minuit said:

I've had the hardest time finding an XJ with tow hooks. In all my time junkyarding I don't think I've seen a single set of the factory hooks.

We used to get them all the time up here a few years ago.  Sadly, I think C4C ended all that.  I pulled multiple sets back in the day.

If I happen to run across a set here, do you want me to pull them for you?  PM me....I'll gladly yank them fir you at cost, plus shipping.:L:

oh, and I'm too lazy to go back and see if I already mentioned this, but my Liberty drivetrain came with two free 10mm wrenches.  they were nestled together up against the pass side engine cradle mount and only popped free after the assembled was dropped free.  just off-brand stuff, but I can almost hear the guy screaming after he lost the second one in the same spot in the engine bay.   :laugh: