NP231 shift linkage Bushings

Well I have another project, another 89' LWB 4.0L AX15, NP231 with a rear 44 with 3.07's who made the decision to put those gears in????, with no linkage for the shift lever to the NP2331. I can salvage some of the linkage parts from a hulk in the back yard but the bushings are all shot. There is also a bearing (kinda of a plastic bearing with a metal housing around it) It mounts to a bracket bolted to the drivers side transtunnel . No front drive shaft either.  Is there a source for the bushings or the bearing?

I bought some new green bushings for the missing one on my XJ with the NP242. They sent me a crap load of them. I got them to work in my spare linkage, but the shop said they wouldn’t fit in the other spots :confused:. I can’t imagine them not working? Tell me how many you need if you decide to keep the stock set up. Free of course :beerchug:

Thanks I really appreciate the offer. But based upon the review of the video and the overall simplification of the linkage assembly, I bit the bullet and ordered the Azzy's design off of Amazon. I will let you guys know if it works as smooth as "Butter" as the video claims.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok got the Azzy's shift linkage assembly, and the "installation instructions". The instructions are not very clear as to how the assembly installation differs from the OEM shift linkage. The front driveshaft was removed. The shifter part of the linkage was really tight to bolt onto the shift lever, had to remove it from the truck and pinch it in a vise to get the tabs to go over the bottom part of the linkage and bolt it to the shift lever. The biggest issue was the transfer case lever which is flipped 180* it points up when bolted to the transfer case. The adjustments are made with the transfer case in 2wd high, and the shift lever in the 2wd high position, its tight up there. Once its in the adjustments need to be made to get the levers to hit the sweet spots on the transfer case so they lock in correctly. The shift movement overall is good and much smoother than the factory linkage, the instructions are poor, and the install can be frustrating at times. The 4 low position on mine is a little iffy right now doesn't fully lock in like I would like it, the shift doesn't feel like its centered in the 4 low position . More adjustments are required, better than the factory linkage with a simpler mechanism, but not a 15 minute job.