What is Wrong With People?

Dzimm

I don't know how many of you have seen anything about Carson King and his Busch Light sign at the Iowa vs Iowa State football game but it went from totally awesome to just downright rediculous.    

Quick background, guy holds a sign up that says something along the lines of I need more Busch light, Venmo me here.  Thousands of dollars are sent to him so he decides to give it all to the Iowa Children's hospital.  Busch desides to match it and so does Venmo and people kept donating so it is now over $1million dollars he raised for the hospital.  Busch was also going to give him a year supply of beer and put his face on the cans as an "Iowa Legend"

Fast forward to now and a reporter from the Des Moines register decided to dig through his social media posts and found one from when he was 16 years old where he referenced a Tosh.0 skit that was racist (of course it was) and called him out on it.  Now Busch has "cut ties with Carson" and he is now being made out to be a terrible person.  He apologized and everything for it and actually had a really good statement about learning from mistakes made as a kid.

I don't even know who to be more mad at, the reporter who went looking for dirt on someone who is doing an incredibly Noble thing, or Anheuser-Busch for conforming to this new thing where companies are afraid to be even remotely associated with anything negative. 

There is now a boycott of Anheuser-Busch going on and I don't see any posts of anyone defending Busch at all on any platforms, it's all people up in arms mad at them.  I typically don't get involved in this sort of stuff but it really got under my skin that someone can be doing something so great but being beaten down over a minor mistake made as a child.  Budweiser is my preferred beer but I may have to partake in this boycott to help prove a point.

Sorry for the rant but this really made me mad.

Wow better yet someone just found a post the reporter who called Carson out made back in 2011.  I can't even post a picture of it because it's so unbelievably bad.  This is what's wrong with society, people seek out to destroy each other's image and tear people down.

It is my firm belief that 90% of the American population doesn't give two s****s about things like this and believe it's just as insane and absurd as we do here. It is the 10% mentally handicapped, extreme PC, nothing-better-to-do, outrage culture, mouth breathing, social media obsessed adult children that drives all this nonsense. Between the aforementioned 10% and the ubiquitous sensationalized media that lap up their drivel like a starving dog, its no wonder why it seems rampant.

I'm glad i live in FL. Being the black sheep of the US has its perks sometimes. Nobody questions the crazy sh*t that happens here. Its just FL being FL. 😁

18 hours ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

It is my firm belief that 90% of the American population doesn't give two s****s about things like this and believe it's just as insane and absurd as we do here. It is the 10% mentally handicapped, extreme PC, nothing-better-to-do, outrage culture, mouth breathing, social media obsessed adult children that drives all this nonsense. Between the aforementioned 10% and the ubiquitous sensationalized media that lap up their drivel like a starving dog, its no wonder why it seems rampant.

😁

:yeahthat:

Follow up: Folks from Iowa were NOT happy, and did some digging. Turns out the reporter had some questionable posts or tweets in his own history. The newspaper has been besieged with letters, online comments, ... and subscription cancellations. They have since fired the reporter, and they are in full damage control mode, busily trying to create some semi-plausible explanation why the guy's tweets (from when he was 16 years old, fer cryin' out loud) were even mentioned in the story, since they had nothing whatsoever to do with the beer sign, the money, or the contribution to the children's hospital. It ain't workin' -- people in (and beyond) Iowa are stillcalling for some editorial heads to roll.

50 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Follow up: Folks from Iowa were NOT happy, and did some digging. Turns out the reporter had some questionable posts or tweets in his own history. The newspaper has been besieged with letters, online comments, ... and subscription cancellations. They have since fired the reporter, and they are in full damage control mode, busily trying to create some semi-plausible explanation why the guy's tweets (from when he was 16 years old, fer cryin' out loud) were even mentioned in the story, since they had nothing whatsoever to do with the bee sign, the money, or the contribution to the children's hospital. It ain't workin' -- people in (and beyond) Iowa are stillcalling for some editorial heads to roll.

Good.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, JMO413 said:

Well he's going to be the grand Marshall for our October Fest Parade!

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Carson-King-to-be-Grand-Marshal-for-Ottumwa-Oktober-561534241.html

Hopefully he can get some beers at the beer tent! Lol

That's like a huge rigid digit to the Des Moines Register. I wonder if they'll be covering the parade and, if so, if they'll find it necessary to mention his old tweets again.