Front Driver's Side Blinker Not Working

I've had a few electrical issues with the '90 eliminator I recently purchased, the relevant ones being that the hazards/brake lights were not working, the headlights couldn't be switched from high to low beams, and my left turn signal dash light would stay light when my running lights were on, but only when I wasn't signalling.

Hazards/brakes turned out to be a fuze issue, and the headlight issue was from the sliding plastic piece that actuates the toggle switch was out of place. When I had my turn signal switch out of the way I notice this part (that I can't seem to identify) that was loose and cracked located right by the locking cylinder. When I inspected it, one of the arms broke off in my hand. 

My turn signal dash lights now work properly, but as he title reads my front driver's side blinker doesn't function at all anymore. The bulb isn't burnt, there isn't any corrosion or grease, and I'm not getting any power to the socket. Am I dealing with a bad socket? Did the part that I broke have something to do with it? I'm pretty new to all this as this is my first vehicle so any thoughts or advice are well appreciated. 

IMG_20190822_114408.jpg

It should not affect your turn signal.

Look at your fuse box.  Do you have a blue or black box on the left side?  If it is black, then the key buzzer was not active.  See the eighth post in this thread: 

Had the same type issue. Turn signal would not illuminate when running lights were on. Would only illuminate when used as turn signal. I had a bad socket. The ground wire wasn’t  making  good contact inside the bulb socket. Swapped in new socket and soldered wires. Good to go.

4 hours ago, jdog said:

Perform cruisers tips and check the front harness connector under the airbox on the left side.

Stock 1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231.

CONNECTOR AND RELAY/RECEPTACLE REFRESHING

10-pin connector

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together.

There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.Ballast Resistor

2 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

CONNECTOR AND RELAY/RECEPTACLE REFRESHING

10-pin connector

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together.

There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.Ballast Resistor

Thanks cruiser, I missed this one. This is probably why "sometimes" I have front blinker issues. I missed this one under my air box.

I agree with JMO413 & 13 legion , if the harness seems to check out look at the ground tab in the bulb socket it likes to rust & corrode away & cause issues like these, I had the exact same issue as you for 3 months till I bucked up and changed the socket and now I’ve had blinkers ever since

Here is a link to the sockets I used, I’ve used these on my 88 MJ, and a buddies 89 XJ

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-conduct-tite-3-wire-ford-signal-and-parking-lights-socket-84716/5473632-P?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=TRANS&utm_term=TRNSCT&utm_campaign=20181210_A_EC_TX_ORDSHP&utm_content=ITEM

Part number for cross reference:
Part No. 84716

If you end up replacing the socket send me a pm and I can send you a diagram of which wires go to what to make it work properly

I can't seem to find that socket any where near me, and it's going to take a week to arrive if I order it. Are there any other readily available sockets that I could jury rig so that I can just get the thing working for the time being? 

I found a socket off an XJ and wired it in, now my running lights work fine, but my flasher/hazard still doesn't work so the problem isn't the socket. Cruiser's comment said there was a ground under the airbox, but I have mine off and I can't see what he's referring too. I've cleaned up every other connection I can find but still no luck. 

The only ground I know of on the drivers side is behind the surye box.IMG_20190828_184027620.jpg.35e2133aac78ebb174597587c7174fcd.jpg This picture sucks but I'm pointing to the grounding point.

IMG_20190828_184012604.jpg.e099cb3ee991138ca3aa8ba95592ff63.jpg

Close up picture.

Just have to ask, does it have the correct build in it? Just the drivers side doesn't blink?

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

That ground point looks dirty JMO

It's dust stuck to the OxGard. The joy of gravel roads! Under that is clean metal and clean contacts covered in OxGard. I used about half a large tube of OxGard when I refreshed and added grounds.

3 minutes ago, Cox said:

Got it working! There was a loose connection between the two halves of the fuze box, with that tightened up and the new socket my four-ways and turn signal are functional again!

Good to hear! Glad you got it fixed!