Steep Driveways

Drahcir495

I'll just drive around my subdivision and snap random photos....there's not a level lot in the whole place (700+ homes).  The whole area was an old/undeveloped farm.  Some of the driveways are mind-blowing:laugh:

Technically not a driveway yet, but it’ll be going up this hill. My new shop is quite a bit lower than my house. 

A83BD4EB-39C4-4E1C-BEB6-73797E1D7EB5.jpeg.287d6337abbea805a37ec9ebd8d8ab9d.jpeg

You can just about see the elevation change from the retaining wall going up the hill. 

AECB4E49-48D8-4BE5-8708-FD4FEE98286F.jpeg.6018159d78060f4c5fff36ad70ae99f6.jpeg

I guess I'm due for a new build thread so I guess I’ll start one soon on my new “home”. 

C7BE5D95-CE10-49C2-9EF5-D5F6A9C1C3D5.jpeg.7962a4afa20c5f972bc78697013778e1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

I'll just drive around my subdivision and snap random photos....there's not a level lot in the whole place (700+ homes).  The whole area was an old/undeveloped farm.  Some of the driveways are mind-blowing:laugh:

:L:

8 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:

How do you all get up those driveways in the winter??  I love seeing these 

Mine is about as bad as those.  There's a reason I have lockers in both axles of both of my DDs.  :laugh:

As long as I use the plow to keep it clear and the chains on it to cut the ice it isn't bad.  The lockers are for when I don't have time to do that right away.

There’s a bunch of scary looking driveways around my town!... kind of a mountain thing. Some even have switchbacks! :eek: 

As stated already, plowing and keeping things clear is key. Some people even have heated driveways! :nuts:

plenty of crazy driveways in northern GA. I should start snapping pics of the... most creative. my folks got super lucky and found property that has about as flat a drive as you can imagine (for the area). :D 

I don't have a picture but I picked a desk up for the future mother-in-law in downtown Des Moines about a month ago.  The driveway was so steep that my 4.5" lifted MJ almost bottomed out in the rear.  The lady drove an SUV and said she's never seen a car make it up the driveway.  There were tons of scrape marks at the bottom and I'm sure it ate a lot of bumpers.

Sounds like steep driveways are so common place that pictures are not necessary lol. 

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

property that has about as flat a drive as you can imagine (for the area). :D 

Just the opposite here! 

8 hours ago, Dzimm said:

The driveway was so steep that my 4.5" lifted MJ almost bottomed out in the rear.

She had a tiny Sol thing, so I have no idea how she managed not to bottom out. Her brother in law just got a MJ. Told her he needs to get on here. It is quite shocking how many people comment on the CC  banner. I am really glad I placed it on there.

12 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

image.jpeg

Looks like it’s so short that you actually stick out into the sidewalk.     The emergency brake cable is broken on mine (never needed to fix it) so I was really nervous about it rolling back into the street!

4 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Looks like it’s so short that you actually stick out into the sidewalk.

I've learned exactly where to park each vehicle so they're right at the sidewalk but not hanging over:L: The funny thing is ours is not the shortest driveway in the neighborhood.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, rylee144 said:

At least I have a flat spot on the side of my house. Its gravel though. 

20190829_154919.jpg

That’s steep! The picture make it look like you won’t be able to get into the garage without making it a convertible MJ :laugh: