New member of the family.

Knucklehead97

Upon us purchasing our first house (we close in 2 weeks!!!)my wife and I decided to get our first child...

Meet Kodak IMG_20190707_111803_034.jpg.a08fdb5de2abf808eaaffda69b875612.jpg

2 years old on June 17th, purebred Husky. I had a husky when I was 8 that passed away when I was 14. I loved that dog more than anything and this little guy is the spitting image of him except my other dog had 1 brown and 1 blue eye. 

My wife and I always wanted a husky and thankfully we found this one at a shelter because he killed a baby goat at his previous owners home.

Already neutered and has all of his shots. Only cost 40$ to adopt him. Now to install a gate on my driveway so he can run around outside when we're not home...

Enjoy!!!

Kids are kids, dogs are dogs. You'll understand when you start having kids.:wink: 

And, when you start having kids......better hope your Husky doesn't see your baby as another goat. 

We had a Siberian when I was kid.......he was a good dog. 

Otherwise.....:L:

Congratulations on the house and on adopting the dog from the shelter.  Been wondering how the house thing was coming along and glad to see it worked out for you!

As Beater said above, you’ll probably find less time for your Comanche for a while, at least until you get the nest feathered the way she wants it!

My sister had a Siberian Husky. Hah! I wrote "my sister," but she was still living at home, so it was the family's dog. Don't know if it was just that dog, but she could NOT be housebroken. And she could not be allowed outside without being on a leash or a tether, because she'd be gone in an instant ... and, unlike other dogs we had when I was a kid, she wouldn't just do a tour of the neighborhood and then come home. If she got loose, we'd be lucky if she only got as far as the next town before someone found her.

Husky's can be great dogs, but they're about as close to being a wolf/dog mix as you can get without having to actually call it a wolf/dog.

20 hours ago, Eagle said:

My sister had a Siberian Husky. Hah! I wrote "my sister," but she was still living at home, so it was the family's dog. Don't know if it was just that dog, but she could NOT be housebroken. And she could not be allowed outside without being on a leash or a tether, because she'd be gone in an instant ... and, unlike other dogs we had when I was a kid, she wouldn't just do a tour of the neighborhood and then come home. If she got loose, we'd be lucky if she only got as far as the next town before someone found her.

Husky's can be great dogs, but they're about as close to being a wolf/dog mix as you can get without having to actually call it a wolf/dog.

Thanks a bunch guys!!! I'm loving this little husky... Thankfully he is very good about not "going" inside the house. Waits for us to take him outside. My biggest training opportunity is how he acts with other animals. He is very aggressive.

I suspect that means he was separated from his litter too early.

One thing I noticed on a trip to Europe a couple of decades ago was that everyone let their dogs run free, and none of the dogs acted aggressive. They were all well socialized. That can be difficult with an adult dog that wasn't properly socialized before being sent off to live in a one-dog household.