Comanche 88" from Ukraine

Hello. My name is Anton and I joined the ranks of the owners of the Jeep Comanche. In Ukraine, I know that there is 1 more such car model, but nothing is known about its fate. So I want to share information and history about my car, the owner of which I became a couple of weeks ago.

Immediately I apologize for my English, Google Translate helps me))

So, I am the third owner in Ukraine (who are famous to me). The information about the first owner is known to me and the history of this car begins with it. He bought it in 2007, with an AMC 150 engine (2.5 mono-injector), AH-4 (4st MCP) and only rear-wheel drive. Almost immediately, he buy donor Cherokee 1990. Thus, Comanche received four-wheel drive (Dana 30, Dana 35 with a transfer gear in 3.55), a 4-liter Renix, 242 hand-outs, a 5-speed gearbox from Wrangler (AH-15). Installed The ROUGH COUNTRY lift on 4.5", which includes: springs, springs, front adjustable levers, extended brake reinforced hoses, long-stroke reinforced shock absorbers, reinforced steering damper, elongated bipod, disconnectable stubs, adjustable panar with the house and bush( silent blocks), a drop of hand-outs. The air conditioner was also thrown away, a stove was modified and a second generator was added in its place. There were also modifications in the form of installation of high-speed fans and a three-row radiator. And More about the many small improvements that I probably will now only be guessed at.

In 2014, the car was sold to the second owner, who did not make any significant improvements, except for the installation of LED headlights.
April 2019, I became the owner. A separate purchase history will be in the near future. The condition of the car wants the best. Engine revolutions float, running all fell into disrepair. There are no trim elements of the cabin. Many items are broken. The paint burned out, expelled, swollen. But! Car on the go and all handouts are working.

I am very pleased with the purchase! The car gives an unforgettable experience!

IMG-ccaffd9aeae57e4ce8ff3b1b54413cca-V.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks cool.

Too bad, I was at a wrecking yard a few weeks ago, and could've got you all the interior parts you need. I have a Lada Niva, and my parts guy is in Ukraine... It would be cool to send stuff back the other direction. But I'm 2000km away from that wrecking yard now...

On 5/18/2019 at 8:12 AM, gogmorgo said:

Looks cool.

Too bad, I was at a wrecking yard a few weeks ago, and could've got you all the interior parts you need. I have a Lada Niva, and my parts guy is in Ukraine... It would be cool to send stuff back the other direction. But I'm 2000km away from that wrecking yard now...

I would be very grateful if you write to me when you go for parts. If you need any of the spare parts for Niva, I can help.

• 3 weeks later...

The motor did not work stably. The previous owner put nozzles from BMW with a Bosch number 280 150 716 at 130ml / min, in addition to all the rubber rings sucked the air. I was lucky, I found the used original nozzles, after washing and installing the rotations evened out, but sometimes for some reason they still hang for 2000rpm.

IMG_20190604_101746.jpg

IMG_20190604_101815.jpg

I need plastic elements of the interior of gray color, who has something and can send to Ukraine?

And I do not understand how the ceiling is mounted, it does not make sense to order from the USA, I want to take a restyled model from the Cherokee and cut it off, but how is the ceiling attached to the back where is the glass?

IMG_20190501_223944.jpg.2ceedc318865969c6479b1f6ed045edd.jpg

if your plastic is in good shape, it might be easier for you to paint it the color you want. :L:  there should be a writeup on that in the link in my signature. 

and if your ceiling is intact, it is definitely a better idea to repair it than try and fit a cherokee ceiling in there (the back side by the rear window is very different). 

13 hours ago, Pete M said:

if your plastic is in good shape, it might be easier for you to paint it the color you want. :L:  there should be a writeup on that in the link in my signature. 

and if your ceiling is intact, it is definitely a better idea to repair it than try and fit a cherokee ceiling in there (the back side by the rear window is very different). 

I do not have plastic and ceiling :(