Carrying on the torch

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm an owner of a 88 Jeep Comanche Pioneer with 73k miles. I inherited this vehicle from my late father who spent a lot of time getting the vehicle roadworthy again. I'm a little mechanically inclined, so I'm working on it bit by bit and learning as I go, since I've received this vehicle, I've replaced the leaking fuel injectors with better ones, I think avoiding a fire while driving it is a priority lol. My next thing to do is replacing the clutch master cylinder since I realized it's leaking on the fuse box! Luckily the damage wasn't to bad, I just cleaned it and changed 2 damaged fuses, works just fine now. I will be posting my progress with repairs over time. More pictures to come soon!

IMG_20190413_155637.jpg

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

Welcome to the club. What are your plans with your truck?

I will briefly speak on behalf of all of use here-we want more pictures of that fine automobile!

My plans are to just fix it up, clean it up and use it as a spring/summer/fall vehicle, and store it for the winter months. I never owned a Jeep before and never thought about it, but this truck is starting to grow on me. :D

Changed the clutch master cylinder and hydraulic hose line to space cylinder both we're leaking, fortunately my internal slave cylinder wasn't leaking.:smile: Bled the lines real good as well. 

IMG_20190505_133710.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, Noot said:

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm an owner of a 88 Jeep Comanche Pioneer with 73k miles. I inherited this vehicle from my late father who spent a lot of time getting the vehicle roadworthy again. I'm a little mechanically inclined, so I'm working on it bit by bit and learning as I go, since I've received this vehicle, I've replaced the leaking fuel injectors with better ones, I think avoiding a fire while driving it is a priority lol. My next thing to do is replacing the clutch master cylinder since I realized it's leaking on the fuse box! Luckily the damage wasn't to bad, I just cleaned it and changed 2 damaged fuses, works just fine now. I will be posting my progress with repairs over time. More pictures to come soon!

IMG_20190413_155637.jpg

any updates?  how's the truck doing?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry for the long hiatus, I've been busy with other projects around the house. I ran into an issue with a "Ticking" sound coming from the back of the truck about a month ago. I was worried if it was a problem with the differential or the brakes. I jacked the rear end of the truck in the air and put it in gear to find the noise, no noise was made, so I checked all the joints and they weren't loose or damaged, but luckily upon further inspection I saw that the parking brake cable was damaged and my wheel balancing weight was damaged. I tied the parking brake cable away from the wheel with some heavy duty plastic straps, and took it for a drive afterwards and no more ticking noises. 😁

IMG_20190720_101330.jpg