While out and about

IDMJ

I made a bonsai run over to Klamath Falls Oregon to pick up another project vehicle and while I was over there, hit a wrecking yard.

i scored a complete Ford high pinion Dana 44 and 2 excellent MJ tailgates for a very paltry price. I’m kinda happy 😃 

94F6ADD5-F711-44D0-8181-56884ACFC11D.jpeg

Prices are all over the map and like many car parts that aren't plentiful they're worth what a buyer will pay.   I saw an MJ tailgate at an auto flea market last Fall and the guy was asking $600 CDN (about $450 US).   There's no way I'd pay that unless I desperately needed one.   I walked by the same booth a few hours later and it was gone.   A few months later a guy from the neighbourhood puled into my driveway, opened the back of his Suburban and said … "do you want this stuff?".   He gave me a perfect MJ tailgate plus several other MJ parts at no cost!

Auto wreckers around here have set prices for items that often don't make sense.   I got a pair of near perfect driving lamps or my LJ for $7 each.  To them they were just head lights. Bucket seats go for $35 ea. whether they're leather or ripped up fabric.  A friend got a tailgate for a TJ (granted, not nearly the same as an MJ) for $25.   If it was for an MJ I'm not sure if would have been much more.