Turn signals gremlins

I just replaced my turn signal switch in the steering column. My hazards are working but not my turn signals.... any thoughts?

I checked the fuses and they are all good. don't know if there is a ground somewhere

I had the same problem,but only on one side turned out to be a front turn signal.The large socket had gotten hot,and melted.Hot wire fell out an grounded out,and popped the round relay.I replaced the socket with a newer metal one,and replaced the relay.Good to go.

also check and clean the connector featured in the photo ::

CONNECTOR AND RELAY/RECEPTACLE REFRESHING

10-pin connector

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together.

There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.Ballast Resistor

On 4/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, Pete M said:

yeah, definitely swap the 2 round relays if you haven't already :L: 

are these 2 prong or 3 prong. I would check if My jeep wasnt 200 miles away

Also what should I do if a connector looks like or is missing pieces? Planning ahead for when I get to work on my jeep again? @cruiser54

I cleaned the headlight harness connecter with a wire brush and contact cleaner, and I swapped in a new flasher relay still no luck. The hazards are still working fine but no turn signals, not even the light on the dash comes on

On mine, before I did the high output swap, my driver side park lamp socket was bad. I replaced it with a Ford one. I can’t remember what the part number was but the only difference was the blue and brown wires were switched. I’ll see if I can track down the part number later.

I guess what I really mean is checking the contacts inside the parking/turn signal lamp sockets is what ended up fixing my problem and if I had been more careful taking the nasty one apart, instead of losing the piece that flew across the garage, a good cleaning would have been an easier fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem.  Hazard lights, brake lights, reverse lights, work fine but neither the right nor the left turn signal lights up on the outside, and also no indicator on the dash.  I replaced the fuse, but no effect.

As mentioned in previous postings, did you swap the Turn flasher with Hazard flasher and try the Turn Signals again? You say new fuse was installed. Was old fuse blown? Is new fuse blown?

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, All around mj said:

I guess what I really mean is checking the contacts inside the parking/turn signal lamp sockets is what ended up fixing my problem and if I had been more careful taking the nasty one apart, instead of losing the piece that flew across the garage, a good cleaning would have been an easier fix.

I'll have to check this next time I'm near the truck

May have been discussed but I was having issues with my drivers side turn and parking lights in the front. My rear turn signals and parking lights worked.

This weekend I pulled the C101 connector and the connector that attaches to the fuse box. This fixed both issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 7:24 AM, Ωhm said:

As mentioned in previous postings, did you swap the Turn flasher with Hazard flasher and try the Turn Signals again? You say new fuse was installed. Was old fuse blown? Is new fuse blown?

Old Fuse was not blown new fuse is not blown, switched the flashers but did not help. Anything else?

TURN B/U fuse is fed B+ from the IGN SW (A terminal). Terminal A is both a KEY ON and ACC circuit. Other things are on this circuit. Do the following items work properly with IGN SW in the ON position and properly in the ACC position? Blower Motor, Wiper Motor, Horn, Radio

Also, YR??? ENG???

Thanks,

16 hours ago, Ωhm said:

TURN B/U fuse is fed B+ from the IGN SW (A terminal). Terminal A is both a KEY ON and ACC circuit. Other things are on this circuit. Do the following items work properly with IGN SW in the ON position and properly in the ACC position? Blower Motor, Wiper Motor, Horn, Radio

Also, YR??? ENG???

Thanks, I will check those things.  It is a 1989 Jeep Comanche with 4.0 inline 6 cylinder engine, 5 speed manual transmission and air conditioning, retrofitted to 134a refrigerant.

With no voltage to the Turn Signal Flasher, need to check the TURN B/U fuse for B+. When you look straight on at the fuse you'll notice two little windows. Measure for B+ at fuse between little windows and ground. KEY ON.