Interior

mancheflo

4 hours ago, RustyRodder said:

E-bay, facebook groups, craigslist and ask if they ship.  Interior paint for the hard panels- if you clean well and its quality product, it will work

I was thinking about some kind of paint for those, just be hard to get something to match 

20 minutes ago, mancheflo said:

Well damn 

Cutting the hole for the manual crank would not be difficult.  Use your original panels as a template.  Transfer your non-power door handle/manual locks panel to the new door panels.  One thing to watch out for, if the doors panels have the Jensen Accusound speaker covers that stick out from the door, they will interfere with the manual window cranks.  Ask me how I know.

pic from google search for example.

images.jpeg

EDIT: the place to cut the panel for manual window cranks may even be marked on the back of the panel.

26 minutes ago, schardein said:

Cutting the hole for the manual crank would not be difficult.  Use your original panels as a template.  Transfer your non-power door handle/manual locks panel to the new door panels.  One thing to watch out for, if the doors panels have the Jensen Accusound speaker covers that stick out from the door, they will interfere with the manual window cranks.  Ask me how I know.

pic from google search for example.

images.jpeg

EDIT: the place to cut the panel for manual window cranks may even be marked on the back of the panel.

Hell I didn’t even think about that, thanks man

2 hours ago, schardein said:

SEM color coat 15063 is a very good match to the maroon/burgundy interior.  It's a great product that's made for and sticks well to the interior plastics.

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7578.jpg

Do you know if there’s any similar color in the duplicolor brand? That’s all my auto stores carry 

1 hour ago, mancheflo said:

Alright do you know if it would work well on the door panels since it’s nit a hard plastic?

It says it works on vinyl too, but I don't know how well it works since I haven't tried it.

As Jeremy said, it's worth it to get the SEM.  Amazon carries it if you don't have another source.  My local O'Reilly's with a professional paint section carries SEM color coat.  

A can goes a long way as it covers well.  But two cans is probably a good idea if you are trying to do the whole interior and don't have a close, local source for another can.

The closet thing to soft vinyl I have used it on is a dash pad on a square body Chevy.  It worked very well.  

SEM has other products that complement the Color Coat.  One is Vinyl Prep, it's purpose is to promote adhesion in vinyl.  And Sand Free Adhesion Promoter, a similar product for other plastics.  

I used the Sand Free with good results on plastic door panels and interior pieces on a square body Chevy.

I recommend you search the internet and read up on these products.  Also, be prepared to spend some money, these fall in the category of professional refinishing products and aren't cheap.

And don't forget before and after pictures!

52 minutes ago, schardein said:

As Jeremy said, it's worth it to get the SEM.  Amazon carries it if you don't have another source.  My local O'Reilly's with a professional paint section carries SEM color coat.  

A can goes a long way as it covers well.  But two cans is probably a good idea if you are trying to do the whole interior and don't have a close, local source for another can.

The closet thing to soft vinyl I have used it on is a dash pad on a square body Chevy.  It worked very well.  

SEM has other products that complement the Color Coat.  One is Vinyl Prep, it's purpose is to promote adhesion in vinyl.  And Sand Free Adhesion Promoter, a similar product for other plastics.  

I used the Sand Free with good results on plastic door panels and interior pieces on a square body Chevy.

I recommend you search the internet and read up on these products.  Also, be prepared to spend some money, these fall in the category of professional refinishing products and aren't cheap.

And don't forget before and after pictures!

Good info! Working 6 days this week will leave lots of time for research

And I won’t forget the pics!

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2019 at 12:37 PM, schardein said:

SEM color coat 15063 is a very good match to the maroon/burgundy interior.  It's a great product that's made for and sticks well to the interior plastics.

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7578.jpg

A little OT, but where did you get those interior lights?  I really like them.