• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Manche757 said:

The sound of yesteryear. Nice throaty sound of a V8. Ragged idle when the engine is tuned for high performance.

It's a running machine. It has a pretty nasty cam in it. That plays hell with the fuel injection but it sounds oh so good!

Just read your post on the new bumper and saw the J10 in the photos which reminded me of this thread on the truck.  I was actually looking for a J10 when I bought my ‘88 MJ.  There was a J20 in the neighborhood that piqued my interest, but it had some serious steel termite damage.  Never saw another one for sale in the area so I shifted my focus to Comanches.

That looks like a perfect driver because no one wants to daily drive a show truck.  Really like the engine sound.

You’re a lucky man to have a good friend AND a happy wife.  The last is the most important of the two!

Just read your post on the new bumper and saw the J10 in the photos which reminded me of this thread on the truck.  I was actually looking for a J10 when I bought my ‘88 MJ.  There was a J20 in the neighborhood that piqued my interest, but it had some serious steel termite damage.  Never saw another one for sale in the area so I shifted my focus to Comanches.
That looks like a perfect driver because no one wants to daily drive a show truck.  Really like the engine sound.
You’re a lucky man to have a good friend AND a happy wife.  The last is the most important of the two!
I am a lucky man. My friends are family and I cherish every one of them.

42 minutes ago, Keyav8r said:

I saw a J10 a couple of times near my house (haven't seen it since) that got me looking into Jeep trucks.  It is how I ultimately ended up with a MJ as well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, shelbyluvv said:

I'm currently in South Carolina picking up sliders for it. I already installed a Bestop tire carrier. I also just bought a winch for it last night. It has 4" lift. I don't want to sell it but money talks.f8a0cd3177b565f02c5976ad1fe56a27.jpgea0cf5c3d8224530b13644e7717cc772.jpg

If there is no rust on it, let me know if you ever want to sell it and what it would cost please. 

If there is no rust on it, let me know if you ever want to sell it and what it would cost please. 
It's absolutely rust free. Alabama Jeep it's entire life. No accidents and clean title history. I don't think I will ever sell it. I gave wanted another LJ for about 6 years.

• 10 months later...
How is the J10 looking?   

Blue would be a nice color.

194041_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
It looks like it's been sitting for 6 months, which it has. There is something wrong with the fuel system and I'm too lazy to deal with it and that garbage TPI setup. The plan is to trash the entire TPI setup and wiring. Then install a TBI from AFI and enjoy it.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

The J10 shut off and would not restart. I could hear the fuel pump running but had no pressure at the fuel rails. I figured it was out of gas and dumped 10 gallons in it. It still refused to start. While I was messing with it the fuel injection system stopped working all together. I was helping a buddy with his TPI setup and found a blown fuse hidden under my hood. I replaced it and the fuel system came back alive but would not build pressure at the rails. I dropped the tank and discovered the fuel line off the pump had melted and the filter was collapsed. I tossed it together enough to send fuel to the engine and she fired up after a year.

I got the tank, pump module and gauge sender cleaned.IMG_20201212_125711_HDR.jpg.93250e7d201b6456bba7b5ed7a5e1bbe.jpg

IMG_20201212_141033067.jpg.ca6d8a0a40cadc96d151aec0551722fd.jpg

IMG_20201212_130123542.jpg.71b986807a9c8d9f80e7a4bae2e3dec5.jpg

I also added a 89 Camaro 350 TPI correct fuel filter.
IMG_20201212_132428157.jpg.0748423690f588f02e75144214cb8592.jpg

The wife and I fought the heavy @$$ tank back between the exhaust and frame rails.

IMG_20201212_155550309.jpg.b07e938af25ba7426d312494e6b6c795.jpg

Only to have to drop it because I had the wires on the pump wrong. It only too us 30 mins to drop it, fix the wires and put it back into place. Then this happened!

I took it for a ride around the block and she is running better than it ever has. It had waaaaay to much fuel pump and the fuel filter was for a carburator setup. The pump was bypassing internally and hurting pressure. The filter was slowing flow to the engine. All is good now.