88 4X4 Longbed Pioneer - 4.0 5 spd

not sure your price range but this popped the other day for me. i asked the guy about the axles he started at $800 for a D30 with spartan locker and 44 w welded diff. comes with steering, track bar too. not sure if that is a good deal or not or if he can be talked down. I wanted the grill but he said it was broken.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/510887276348883/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, rylee144 said:

Here is another one. You'd get a lot of stuff with it that you may not want though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1469888616486521/

I've been on the prowl as well but these are not quite what i'm looking for. 

I am not very active on Social media and don't have a Bookface login - but my kids do!  Will have them log in so I can look around tonight.

Appreciated

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, 88comanchesurvivor said:

Got the WJ LCA's from Rock Auto

First, that's a handsome truck and you've really made some great choices.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but have a related question.  Presently running  255/70/16's on my stock height truck.  Very minimal rub turned to the stops.  

Are the WJ lowers the answer to run a taller, wider tire without the rub?   I want to level the truck and further oversize the tires, but I don't necessarily want to "lift" it.  

3 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

Are the WJ lowers the answer to run a taller, wider tire without the rub?

That's what I've read on here - I have the WJ LCA's but have not installed them yet - living with the rub until I get to it (kind of a hassle jockeying the trailer around but otherwise not a problem so far)

3 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

Please tell me more about the lowers and what you needed to make them work.  Thanks!

There are write ups about it on this site - they are too wide to fit stock, have to be cut down, I bought a couple abrasive wheels for a chop saw and figured that's what I'd use to start - think some guys angle grinders or sawzalls with metal cutting blades?  

When I did the budget lift, I pulled one side of the LCA's to get the axle to drop far enough for the pucks - think I measured the factory width at 2-3/4" and the WJ's are like 3" or something, so you don't have to take that much off.

I used a simple angle grinder to lop off the extra metal bushing.  it's not a complicated procedure. :L:  the steel bushings just need to be trimmed flush with the rubber bushing.  be sure to cool the part so the rubber bushing doesn't get too baked. 

Was not that noticeable to me, but couple people pointed out that the rear tires looked tucked farther in than the fronts - read on here that a some put 1-1/4 wheel spacers (hub centric) on the rears to push them out....so for $40 figured I'd give it a shot.

jc spacers.jpg

jc spacers before.jpg

jc spacers after.jpg

jc spacers fq.jpg

jc spacers fq a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Fishing taking up most available time right now - but did get Krustyballer to hook me up with some of his rocksliders, he does really nice work - got them delivered by UPS banded together with all hardware (got a set of seat brackets from him while I was at it) - dropped them off for powdercoat, got them back and bolted them in with the supplied 3/8 thread cutting screws - will eventually have them welded to the frame rails, but they are solid as it now.

(Dog pic is of my apprentice - 9 month old Irish Terrier - he was in a "timeout" because he finally got one of those damn squirells he's been after - I have no problem with him taking out those yard rats, but would not surrender the (deceased) squirrel on command so he had to spend Sunday on a tether - which he hates)

JC Raw Rock Slides.jpg

JC RS Side.jpg

JC RS Q Side.jpg

JC RS Doggo.jpg

JC RS Full Side.jpg

JC RS FQ.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Looks night and day different from when I bought the bed liner from yah, good work! Glad to know I’ll be able to order some rock sliders when my long bed mj shows up!

Thanks brother - still got a ways to go, this Fall plan to get the brake booster upgrade done, TB, new headliner & seats, maybe upgrade the exhaust and start thinking about getting the A/C working.

But for now:

JC Gone fishin.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Right on! Let me know how the brake booster goes that’s something I’ve been looking into. Which one do you plan on using? I got my remix TB from mean lemons and it worked perfectly! 

Am thinking 99-2004 WJ Booster upgrade.

Yep, hoping to get the TB from Meanlemmons he hooked me up with the battery cable upgrade set and it is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an opportunity to pick up a very clean rear-end smashed 2000 XJ for free but not sure I want it - the front clip is perfect, could swap the front end with the MJ for the "newer" look, but like how the front of the stock MJ looks now - aside from the big window doors which would be nice, don't know why I would mess with how it looks now.........

IMG_20190529_191605682.jpg.9306479b2fa8e038519fad243f630d4f.jpg

These fit good. I tried a few before I found these and they fit the best. They look good also IMHO.IMG_20190529_190253562.jpg.be71a57f385e58c1d759833a757c1311.jpg

Before

IMG_20190529_191805273.jpg.e075a7807e998e05a88db855a794459e.jpg

After. They for good and I love how they look.

IMG_20190713_131406052_HDR.jpg.7776d47215587bdf1f4800e90ae1a835.jpg

I replaced my turn signals after the corner lights. They were cracking. They make it look even a little better! I would always stay with the pre 97 I just like how it looks better.

Looks good. I would get some chrome paint or silver paint and paint the yellow bulbs silver. They will still flash yellow but it gets rid of the "egg yoke" look with the lenses. I did that with my Comanche and really makes a difference to me that is.. But overall your Jepp looks Great! :beerbang:

8 hours ago, Shharks said:

Looks good. I would get some chrome paint or silver paint and paint the yellow bulbs silver. They will still flash yellow but it gets rid of the "egg yoke" look with the lenses. I did that with my Comanche and really makes a difference to me that is.. But overall your Jepp looks Great! :beerbang:

Thank you:L:

• 2 weeks later...