On 2/25/2019 at 1:22 PM, dzlmnche said:

Yes, unfortunately I did. Rough math says I lost about 1 qt of capacity in the sump. Not much to be done to avoid it though, and have seen 5cyl swaps with even more removed.

You could always ifs the front. Shouldn't look much different till someone got under it. Then you'd have plenty of room

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, no AC. Never had it.

Seats and console done. I adapted to MJ boot to the auto shift cover but found the boot is too stiff where it’s located and makes shifting difficult. Bought a leather boot on eBay. Also bought a blank for the t case shifter hole.

2a1257b5b2384a9e3cfbdb88630e1196.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys! My intention was to try to make it look like it came there from the factory, makes me happy to hear an objective opinion that it looks that way.

Lot of zip tied stuff I plan to clean up.

6hr round trip this weekend and could not be happier. Has motivated me to give it that last 10% of love it needs to drive like new. Ordered some new shocks, rebuild steering gear, add some sound deadening.

• 1 month later...

Full gauge cluster swapped in and working. Tach run off alternator using Dakota Digital conversion box thingy.

97b1476a4e77a28e2d2b519bb5af9d8a.jpg

Floor patch, carpet, rear window in the coming weeks. Couple healthy layers of undercoating oil and keep on driving. Over 7,000 miles on it to date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, dzlmnche said:

10k miles on the swap on this thing today. Ready to keep racking up the miles.

Underside got a heavy coating of NH Oil. Need to grab some sand bags to toss in the bed before it snows.

Need to get myself some of that under coating as well. 

I still shudder at the thought of a non-rusty MJ in the salt.     but what must be done, must be done.  I always suggest a set of snow tires.  :L:  

I get it, but I don’t own anything to preserve it, I own things to use them.

I’m no newb to snow, but I think LSD and weight with decent tires will work pretty well

have you gotten to drive on snow tires yet?  my old minivan (the only thing I've been able to put snow tires on) DOMINATED the white stuff and was an absolute joy to drive no matter how nasty the weather.  :comanche: (I don't have a minivan GIF so you'll have to pretend that's a silver Town-n-Country :laugh:)

just be sure to wash out your rockers (there's a tiny access hole near the back), frame, doors, and above the rear tires inside the bed.  Our trucks rot from the inside-out and flushing them out will go a long way towards preventing the rust from starting.  :L: 

I used about twice the mount of oil they recommended. Filled rails, rocker panels, fender wells, and up inside the bed (where it looks like it’s already started ). I like the oil because it never hardens and seeps into areas a normal coating can’t get. I definitely plan to make sure I wash it after every storm.

11 hours ago, dzlmnche said:

I used about twice the mount of oil they recommended. Filled rails, rocker panels, fender wells, and up inside the bed (where it looks like it’s already started emoji3525.png). I like the oil because it never hardens and seeps into areas a normal coating can’t get. I definitely plan to make sure I wash it after every storm

I agree completely.  I bought a gallon of Fluid Film and an applicator gun kit.  

• 4 weeks later...

Gave it some thought and decided I put too many miles on this thing to not have snow tires. Mounted four of these this weekend along with the Powertrax Pro Grip helical gear LSD. Can’t wait for some snow!!

The NH Oil undercoating seems to be doing well. Probably apply it in the wheel wells a couple more times this winter.

80f986645f027fbe3b1ece6d2ed2ad9b.jpg

206b9d941af183f64dab6af966cf2b6a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 6:37 AM, Pete M said:

snow tires are just the best!  I seriously can't understand why more people don't have them :confused:

I've heard everything from:
- "I have 4wd/awd/traction control, winter tires probably won't be that big a difference"

- "The tires I have do just fine"

- "They're so expensive...why would I have a second set of tires just for winter?"

- "They'll disintegrate as soon as it's summer!"

- "They don't look as cool as my mud-terrains."

They're a huge difference though.  I swear by them, even on my wife's subaru.