Crisp 87 Cherokee chief on eBay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, ComancheFan said:

Yes. He’s selling the truck on Craigslist locally with a asking price of $8900. I really dig the truck but I’m not sure what I should give him for it, 

IMHO it's worth what he's asking. 

Assuming it is real. 

Last one I saw I ebay that was in similar condition sold for $6900 but has something like 67K miles on it........that was about 5 years ago. 

There are only so many rare birds like this. 

If you want it and can afford it...........it's worth it. 

BTW.........

If you think this is an investment, it's not. 

If you want something no one else has and you want to take care of it  and appreciate it for several years........you'll enjoy it.

Will you get your money back? Yeah, most of it. Will you make money? No, probably not. 

But, you get to cruise the beach in style for a while. 

Didn’t think this thing was still kickin around, but yeah 8900 for what it appears to be is not crazy at all, it really looks legitimately well maintained. Trust me I never would’ve posted this in January if I’d had the money, I would’ve bought it and then posted about the purchase:) @comanchefan Let us know if it’s as good as the ad looks!

On 6/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, ComancheFan said:

Ok so this Jeep is 1 hour away from me. I really like the truck what  is the max I should shell out and not be overpaying? I have seen some low mile MJs go for crazy numbers but not really much for the XJs. 

IMO, overpriced @ $10,900.  It's a clean old truck, for sure.  Buy it if you LOVE old Renix trucks, but being a Chief doesn't add much to the premium in my book.  It's basically alloys and stickers ...with cloth seats.  No leather and no power windows.  That makes this bird rare, but not particularly special.  Since you asked, I'd max out at $8,500.

I think AMC really screwed up by not making the Chief the top trim package.   The "CHIEF" should have come LOADED.  

The more I think about this the more it’s looking like a impulse buy that’s going to end up costing me more that I would like to put into it. I don’t have a garage so I would spend a lot of my time washing waxing and trying to preserve the original paint. I would be too scared to drive the thing and rack up the mileage. And for what I would use it for a $1000 Cherokee will do the same thing. As much as I would like to own this one I think I’ve talked myself out of it. 

44 minutes ago, ComancheFan said:

If anyone here wants it he’s at $6000 but it needs to be gone tomorrow otherwhys he’s putting it in storage. 

Hell yea, $6000 for great shape and super low miles i would take if I had the money, check floor like pete said!!