flowers for Don's funeral

Pete M

It's looking less and less like I can make it to the funeral so at the very least we can send flowers from the club.  so far the ideas are a silver and red colored arrangement (for the colors of his truck) and I'm going to try and find a shop that can take my jpgs and print them out so the card will have our logo with his truck and maybe a few "Comanche" emblem-looking paper reproductions if I can't be there to insert real ones. 

if you have any other ideas, post them soon.  I'll be calling floral shops after lunch. :L: 

If you'd like to donate anything towards the arrangement or towards the down payment of our first batch of stickers can be sent via Paypal to ComancheClub@hotmail.com 

this is a rough draft using an old file.  a new one is in the works.  If you have any thoughts it, I'm all ears. :L: 

don truck 1.jpg

Il get some $$$ towards the arrangement.....give me a little bit.  I can't remember my paypal credentials.  If I can't do that, can I at least send you a check via snail mail Pete?

edit:. See if the shop can put anything (bow or ribbon) on it that's chrome?:beerchug:

8 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

edit:. See if the shop can put anything (bow or ribbon) on it that's chrome?:beerchug:

I love it! 

there's no hurry if you want to chip in.  this will all be done with a credit card. 

Love the idea of creating his truck with the logo for the arrangement.  Maybe add the topper to be a little more true to his truck?  I will be sending a donation tomorrow to help contribute to the club arrangement.  

Thanks for doing this Pete, Don definitely deserves it.

25 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Love the idea of creating his truck with the logo for the arrangement.  Maybe add the topper to be a little more true to his truck?  I will be sending a donation tomorrow to help contribute to the club arrangement.  

Thanks for doing this Pete, Don definitely deserves it.

I'll ask Dillon about adding in the topper.  shouldn't be too hard.

Don deserves much more.  I just don't know what else I can do. 

20 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Don deserves much more.  I just don't know what else to do. 

Agreed.  I think it's been brought up before but what about a memorium section to honor lost members?  Something that maybe only the mods can edit, that way it doesn't get overcrowded and contains only the info such as links to their build thread, diy write-ups, obituary, life accomplishments such as military service, ect for everyone to easily view.

the funeral home has a huge online store with lots of big ugly arrangements.  I hate them all.  But I found a local florist that has an arrangement that comes in a chrome vase.  :D  I'm giving them a call.  :grinyes:

I don't know if this is an idea you were looking for, but how about sending (mailing ) a card around to members that want to sign the card ? I know it will take awhile , but it would be a lot more personalized .Everyone could write something about Don if they wanted . If everyone would post their zip code so the card could be sent in a logistical manner and it wouldn't take as much time to get to them . 

Rodney's can do the vase and the arrangement if I order by noon tomorrow, but they only have a b+w printer and nothing but regular paper to print an image on.  what the flying hell.  do I have to drive 8 hours just to get this right?  :fistshake2:

All,

This is Don’s son in law Nate. Your actions and words during this time have been deeply moving. Abby and I have been sharing the posts from the other thread with Alma (Don’s Wife) and needless to say they’ve meant so much and have brought all of us to tears. 

We knew that Don was active on this forum but not to the extent in which we are discovering. Seeing the impact he has had on people here is very heartwarming and is the perfect display of who Don was as a person: smart and witty, yet patient and humble. The family thanks you all so much for these wonderful posts during this difficult time. They have been very uplifting. We’ve linked the pastor who will be leading Don’s service and he will be reading some of the posts from here about who Don was to all of you.

Pete, Rodneys is the way to go in terms of flowers. That is who we are using for the funeral floral arrangements. 

We saw the idea idea of sending around a card, and Abby had a suggestion, if there were a way to compile the posts from the other thread and put them around some sort of framed picture of Don’s Comanche or even around the forum logo, I’m sure that would mean a lot to Alma. But so far just reading the posts has been more than enough.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I’m trying to take a little bit of the work off of my wife and Alma.

Thanks to all of you

-Nate

1 hour ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

I don't know if this is an idea you were looking for, but how about sending (mailing ) a card around to members that want to sign the card ? I know it will take awhile , but it would be a lot more personalized .Everyone could write something about Don if they wanted . If everyone would post their zip code so the card could be sent in a logistical manner and it wouldn't take as much time to get to them . 

This is a really cool idea.  Granted, it won't make it there anywhere close to the funeral, but I think the Club should do this.  Don's family will have time to process everything, and if the card shows up a couple/few months later I think it would bring them some happy memories.

I'm happy to go find a card and get it going somehow.  We all can post up who wants to participate, maybe work out logistics thru PM's.

edit:. Sorry Nate...we cross posted at the same time.  I'm so sorry for your loss:sad:

Abbey's suggestion is great.  If that's what would help more than a card, I'm all in on that.  Take care, friend.

7 hours ago, Pete M said:

It's looking less and less like I can make it to the funeral so at the very least we can send flowers from the club.  so far the ideas are a silver and red colored arrangement (for the colors of his truck) and I'm going to try and find a shop that can take my jpgs and print them out so the card will have our logo with his truck and maybe a few "Comanche" emblem-looking paper reproductions if I can't be there to insert real ones. 

if you have any other ideas, post them soon.  I'll be calling floral shops after lunch. :L: 

If you'd like to donate anything towards the arrangement or towards the down payment of our first batch of stickers can be sent via Paypal to ComancheClub@hotmail.com 

this is a rough draft using an old file.  a new one is in the works.  If you have any thoughts it, I'm all ears. :L: 

don truck 1.jpg

Money is fixing to be coming your way! And I would slap one of these stickers on my Jeep so quickly it's not even funny.

current version.  turns out that chrome doesn't work well on a jpeg image of a silver truck and so the shiny items are black instead.  :(  I'm dropping the .com for this purpose, but it'll return for the official sticker.

I'm open to tweaks to make it even better. :L: 

don truck 3.jpg

we have until Dillon gets off work late tonight to suggest changes.  tomorrow morning I'll order the flowers and email the images to Nate (Don's soninlaw) who has agreed to print them up for us.  :banana:  everything seems to be coming together. :L: 

I didn't even notice the cab.  that's how it is on our logo decal (which this new image is based on and which I've stared at like a million times while weeding the decals) and I see that they are even on the magnet and business cards (which are an older version and closer to my original drawings).  interesting.  :thinking: