To my fellow veterans

Eagle

1 hour ago, schardein said:

I attended my last Marine Corps Birthday Ball on active duty, on Saturday night.  Had a great time as usual, but a little bittersweet too.

USMC, 1988-2018

Thirty years! Man, you get a salute with BOTH hands!

1 hour ago, schardein said:

Thank you Eagle, and all our other Veterans.

I attended my last Marine Corps Birthday Ball on active duty, on Saturday night.  Had a great time as usual, but a little bittersweet too.

USMC, 1988-2018

Thirty years - wow. As an ex-Navy vet I'm not even going to try any of my usual friendly Jarhead digs this time. :applause: Congrats on the completion of a fine long career shipmate. What are your plans for the future? 

single-saluting-flag_1_copy_0.jpg?itok=_

9 hours ago, shelbyluvv said:

Thanks Eagle and the rest of our Vets. I officially "Retired" 1 Nov after 25 years.

What, only 25 years? You get to wash schardein's feet. :P

Seriously, thanks for your [many years] of service, and welcome to civilian life. I hope your adjustment is smooth.

22 hours ago, Eagle said:

Thirty years! Man, you get a salute with BOTH hands!

Ha, thank you!

22 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Thirty years - wow. As an ex-Navy vet I'm not even going to try any of my usual friendly Jarhead digs this time. :applause: Congrats on the completion of a fine long career shipmate. What are your plans for the future? 

single-saluting-flag_1_copy_0.jpg?itok=_

Thank you.  I'm going to take some time off for a year or two.  Do some things I enjoy like going Jeeping and hiking (while I can still do it!).  Then, I'll see what interests me.

25 minutes ago, schardein said:

Ha, thank you!

Thank you.  I'm going to take some time off for a year or two.  Do some things I enjoy like going Jeeping and hiking (while I can still do it!).  Then, I'll see what interests me.

Sounds like a great plan mate.  :beerchug: