Comanche noob

On 4/8/2019 at 1:07 PM, Kjell said:

So finaly found some Volvo/bosch injectors(0280 155 746),ended up snitching them out of a volvo that the guy at the junkyard drove to work with... still warm:))

Installed injectors and scrapped the c101 connector at the same time :banana:

I can't say what made the biggest difference connector or the injectors, 

Maybe I woke up some sensor that fell asleep ,can say it runs great much smoother and better gasresponse :L:

I have same fuel injector u have, love it had it for about 3 years with zero plm and smooth run ever since! Love it! Now meanlemons TB bored is coming soon! Can't wait and see how big different along with 99+ intake and new header with flowmaster super 44 muffler. :jammin:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:popcorn:Interesting! MJXJjeepgy you must report the result:brows: intend to drill/bore mine too, have a friend who has machines for this and I found a TB on the junkyard.

First i was going to use the HO TB and an adapter but changed  when I measured the difference and made a adapter plate renix TB/ 91+ HO intake dident find any 99+

:))This is getting addictive :laugh: Looking at Pete M 's new Mj ... now i need a 2wd stick whit a STROKER engin:comancheB:

4 hours ago, Kjell said:

:popcorn:Interesting! MJXJjeepgy you must report the result:brows: intend to drill/bore mine too, have a friend who has machines for this and I found a TB on the junkyard.

First i was going to use the HO TB and an adapter but changed  when I measured the difference and made a adapter plate renix TB/ 91+ HO intake dident find any 99+

:))This is getting addictive :laugh: Looking at Pete M 's new Mj ... now i need a 2wd stick whit a STROKER engin:comancheB:

Sure i will! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 4:11 PM, Pete M said:

have you had the chance to install the throttle body yet?  :brows:

Yes throttle body is installed :L:, havent been able to drive it so much yet .

Had a bad speed sensor and while waiting for a new one i refurbish rims and  instument cluster using parts from  a 84 Cherokee.

Intalled fuel gauge and tachometer from the cherokee in my  instrument cluster ,glue gun and soldering iron.

Rims was in bad shape, lots of hours and f words  in those :laugh: 

Next time i take the ten holes instead of ten spokes:wink:

IMG_20190615_123126.jpg

IMG_20190615_122909.jpg

59396804_2386449301642205_6303786438789955584_n.jpg

• 9 months later...

Santa Claus delivered a Renix Engine Monitor RemII   https://nickintimedesign.com/ . Great tool:L: well wort the money!

Spent the Winter hunting down electric gremlings ,turned out to be cable harness and grounding errors mostly, most sensors were ok .

Ended up whit replacing the Ignition coil ,Ignition modul and CPS .CPS was probably ok but not top quality , did find a Renix OEM.

Hope to use the Comanche for some longer trips now !

comanchewinter.jpg

ignitionmodul.jpg

Nice and rare truck -- you even have the 'type 2' as it was called Laredo factory pin-stripping which encircles the upper window/ cab.

Though I've seen this pin-stripping on an XJ, never an MJ.

3 hours ago, Gjeep said:

Nice and rare truck -- you even have the 'type 2' as it was called Laredo factory pin-stripping which encircles the upper window/ cab.

Though I've seen this pin-stripping on an XJ, never an MJ.

Never knew there was a specific option referencing the pin-striping around the door windows. Figured it was a dealer add-on. I have that on my 88 Laredo. :L:

On 4/15/2019 at 8:06 AM, Kjell said:

Found a Gem Top  think it's for MJ ,was mounted on another Comanche and fit's okey 

Nice with two versions of the same Truck, here is the bad weather version:L:

IMG_20190415_122946.jpg

Man, I love the look of that camper shell! Very Nice!

17 hours ago, Rooster92 said:

Man, I love the look of that camper shell! Very Nice!

Thanks Rooster92 ! Looks nice  if you are not to close, needs a better paint job and the rails was are made by a PO (Boat enthusiast ?) of Wood. probably looked nice 1995.

Painted the wood silver , gonna make some new in steel . don't think the wood can be restored its in bad shape.

58 minutes ago, Kjell said:

Summer edition whit Hella rollbar / fog lights.

Renix.jpg

Couple questions. First is what are those things off to the side on the grill aimed at the head lights? There was a thread a while ago on talking about an old picture of a MJ in Europe and we all were curious on what those are. 

Second, did you MS paint "Renix" to cover your plate? Because it looks fitting. 

5 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Couple questions. First is what are those things off to the side on the grill aimed at the head lights? There was a thread a while ago on talking about an old picture of a MJ in Europe and we all were curious on what those are. 

Second, did you MS paint "Renix" to cover your plate? Because it looks fitting. 

Hi Eaglescout526. Headlight sprayers:L:  totaly useless . Yes MS paint ....look nice  maybe i do it IRL:brows:

3 minutes ago, Kjell said:

Hi Eaglescout526. Headlight sprayers:L:  totaly useless . Yes MS paint ....look nice  maybe i do it IRL:brows:

I see you found the post, I forgot it did get answered, but that's funny. 

If you do one of those plates, let me know cause that would be pretty cool to prance around with as the front plate, or even just a rear window sticker. 

5 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I see you found the post, but that's funny. 

If you do one of those plates, let me know cause that would be pretty cool to prance around with as the front plate, or even just a rear window sticker. 

yupp!  I like the window sticker ,good idea!

• 11 months later...
A few upgrades, not strictly original but good enough. 
Rings for the cluster Ebay find. 
Color around switches and clock/warning lights panel done whit a Molotow liquid chrome marker.

Letters on tailgate and speaker mount custom work by the owner.

20201003_144851.jpg

20210314_153158.jpg

20210314_153235.jpg

2021-03-19 181525.jpg

Winter1.jpg

12 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

@Kjell Is this in the Registry? There's only one listed that was sold in Sweden and it was posted by Crazymac, I'm sure it's not this one.

Not registered yet , one of 278 Comanche's in Sweden according to goverment car registry .

-87  14. 

-88  193.     

All -88 i seen for sale ,pictures online  have the vin numbers starting whit  1JTMR65UEJT****** 

-89  71.

Wild guess ...around  50 still on the road.  :dunno:

• 1 year later...