Memories of Jim

whowey

As many of you know, long time member Jim O'shel passed away this summer.  We would like to do a feature on him for the MJotM section.  If any of you guys have pictures or stories about Jim(things we can actually post, ya pervs) would you please send them on to PeteM or myself. That way we can collect them and do a memorial feature for the guy.

Thanks,

Will

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at my PMs to check for correspondence with Jim and it appears that all my older PMs have vanished.  He and I “talked” some about flying and his health issues.  Jim was a pilot and had his plane on his Comanche “ranch”.  I believe it was a Piper, possibly an Archer, that he flew off his own dirt strip.  IIRC, he sold the plane when he started having health problems, well before he started selling off his MJs.  You may remember that Jim was a frequent contributor/commenter on the Forum but dropped out of sight for a pretty long period then came back for a short time.  Sorry I can’t offer anything more specific.

• 4 months later...

I haven't been by here in a while and was very sad to read that Jim had passed :(

I can't think of a member that was more full of life, or mentally sharp.

Every post he typed was full of Jim-ism's, so there should be plenty of his wisdom in every thread he posted in for a good feature on him.

I didn't see one on the MJotM, but I could have been looking in the wrong spot.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to recognize such a unique and wonderful member.

Rest In Peace my friend :(

Wow :( The last time I checked in here I remember reading that Jim was having some issues. This post is mighty depressing.

Apparently, sometime ago my wife's Grandfather and Grandmother we're tooling over Mosquito Pass in their new Wagoneer when they stumbled across a guy in a GTO on the road. Turned out the guy in the GTO was Jim after returning home from some military duties. Jim even remembered the Wagoneer, my wife's grandparents and their interaction! 

8 minutes ago, 87Warrior said:

Apparently, sometime ago my wife's Grandfather and Grandmother we're tooling over Mosquito Pass in their new Wagoneer when they stumbled across a guy in a GTO on the road. Turned out the guy in the GTO was Jim after returning home from some military duties. Jim even remembered the Wagoneer, my wife's grandparents and their interaction! 

yeah, that might be my favorite story ever :D 

on a related note, I'm trying to figure out when I can get back out to Colorado to visit Katie (Jim's wife).  she could use a hand tearing down and removing a couple of old campers/sheds that are still on property.  I was thinking if we got enough helpers we could be done in a day (the "hauling it away" part is probably the bottleneck).  then maybe a trail ride the next day!  I dunno. :dunno: Colorado is a loooooooong drive, so it's hard to make it happen.  but it's still winter, so it's a worry for another day. :) 

I've always wanted to visit Colorado, and I have tons of vacation time to use up this year.  My wife might not be so into it, but I could drop her off somewhere to shop or otherwise waste our monies.

Id be in some kind of rental, would need to ride b*@ch if there was a ride planned.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, Pete M said:

on a related note, I'm trying to figure out when I can get back out to Colorado to visit Katie (Jim's wife).  she could use a hand tearing down and removing a couple of old campers/sheds that are still on property.  I was thinking if we got enough helpers we could be done in a day (the "hauling it away" part is probably the bottleneck).  then maybe a trail ride the next day!  I dunno. :dunno: Colorado is a loooooooong drive, so it's hard to make it happen.  but it's still winter, so it's a worry for another day. :) 

I'd be down for this.