At scrap yard now.

depends on price.  Looks like a nice higher end unit!  same for the bumper which looks pretty straight.  and tailiights of course.

and I'll take that tailgate off your hands if it's clean. :D  

30 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Looks like one from an S10 long bed. I had one for awhile and it fit just like that; not tall enough for the cab and too narrow.

853d2f6ed762cefaf79d684977b53567.jpg

29e03d9ce81be38a9ef6b8def208315f.jpg

Almost identical, but this one has the flip open side windows. Don't have price yet.

22 minutes ago, IronManche87 said:

Does it happen to have a driver side door handle in tan?? 9a3e3bac6c2254ff9d18dcf5cb4e5ca1.jpg

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's hockey stick style.

1533395143378983280656.jpg

dang it...  doesn't anyone know how to take care of a tailgate?  :(  

86 would more likely be the AMC-20 rear axle

don't forget rear flares, bumper if it's straight, leafs if they are cheap...

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

dang it...  doesn't anyone know how to take care of a tailgate?  :(  

86 would more likely be the AMC-20 rear axle

don't forget rear flares, bumper if it's straight, leafs if they are cheap...

Right. 

Some things are not worth what one might think though. 

The interior pieces is what I'd be after. 

TBI is worth $150 on ebay. 

3 hours ago, Wounded_Fighter said:

What's the factory ac suppose to look like? Ran into that as a question on my unit, couldn't tell offhand.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the control panel. The ones with factory-installed a/c had positions for air conditioning as well as for heat. In the AMC era there was also an option for dealer0installed a/c (called, IIRC, "Facory Air," which is more than a bit misleading) that did not replace the non-a/c control panel. I don't remember just how the controls were modified. My '87 has it -- but the '87 is in storage at a friend's house and I don't have easy access to it for photos.

Wounded Fighter asked:  What's the factory ac suppose to look like? Ran into that as a question on my unit, couldn't tell offhand.

As Eagle indicated, the dashboard control is a first place to look  Also see if you have the hoses that run to the compressor. Someone might have removed a bad compressor thinking that it was reducing gas mileage but hopefully it is still there.  Easier to follow replacing equipment than installing new.

The alternative to factory air would be "vintage" ac which is used when an older vehicle might not have had ac available at all; pre 1960 etc.   It is an easier install and comes with its own controls. It is mounted under the dash and is fully visible.   Not as sexy looking, but it sure beats melting.

Just had factory ac totally replaced using all new equipment on the 87 shown in the picture that did have ac originally.  I was concerned about the cooling capacity so the mechanic installed an oversized evaporator. I have not picked up the vehicle yet but mechanic said it works great.  It took a loooonnnng time to get it completed.  Had new heater core installed while the mechanic was there, since it is a b*@ch to get to.

This week I will take in an 89, that never had ac at all, to have factory ac installed.  If you are contemplating that, the box containing the heater core was not large enough to hold both the heater core and the ac evaporator core, if the MJ did not have ac in the beginning.  That box is not available new.  Beware the XJ box is a little different and there is a problem with the new MJ evaporator fitting the XJ box. New heater core to be installed for same reason noted above.

Hope that helps