1989 jeep comanche- mildly built

Yes, that's easter egg hill. Yeah it was a squeeze, but with a good spotter ya should be fine. I tagged my rear bumper on the rock, but that was because it was raining and I slid into it. Coming around that corner was a little freaky but nothing to bad.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba wrote

What with having that happen, I'm thinking I might be ditching the D35

I was thinking maybe a Ford 9" From currie enterprises with arb, 4.11's, and 11" disc brakes?

Or a similar setup on a D44?

which ever choice u choose please keep us in formed. lot of us folks have the ford and some have d44 its all boils down to how well have ya maintain these last of the breed and i have to say that you have done a g8 job with yours jamminz.gif . I know that its a preference between the rear ends of choice and i have not made my mind up yet and was leaning in the direction of the dakota axles with the jeep logos would be different and cool just have not heard good or bad on these as of yet so on with the research :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question... I have the early Tera LA's ( well sitting in my parts pile) How do you like there flex? I had a few issues with binding are you?

As for the box brace.. anything to help stiifen up your steering is good. Again that part too is sitting in a pile of parts from a vehicle I am stripping :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok so here's the latest: I've got a rear bumper, rock sliders, skid plates, and a roll cage with built in tire carrier being built. But, I'm just going to buy a front one.

But here's my question: I'm going to be buying a bumper , and I've been looking at the Hanson Enterprises XJ Prerunner front bumper. I just want to know how bad, if at all, this will kill my approach and how far out it sticks. Have any of you seen this bumper?

Any help will be appreciated. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, here's the latest and the greatest! jamminz.gif

Here's the latest and the greatest:

Front bumper:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Rock sliders:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Skid plates:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Roll bar with tire carrier:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Rear bumper:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Rear bumper:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Keep the yellow, it looks great. Where did you get the rear bumper? jamminz.gif I like it a lot! - Rich

Completely custom made at Ben Hanks Racing.

Looks fantastic! What kind of coating did you use for the flares and front bumper?

Oh haha I just drove through some really dirty snow right before I took the pictures. The front bumpers is just spray painted black.