What should I get - parts MJ?

What is a 3/4 cluster?

3/4 clusters were mostly complete gauge set, minus tach. Still had a large fuel gauge.

You are correct Crash.  There is no tach.  The fuel gauge is large and in the place of the tach.  The lower left of the cluster (where the fuel gauge would go) is blank.

What is a 3/4 cluster?

3/4 clusters were mostly complete gauge set, minus tach. Still had a large fuel gauge.

Yeah, I figured that out now.

Why? Who can live without a tach?>

Some people can, and it's bettr than a full set of dummy gauges.

Can't see the rear cargo light in the pictures.  If it has one and you are getting it, also get the dash switch panel for it, to the left (driver) side of the steering column.  All early MJs were wired for the cargo light (plug and play), later were not, so wiring would need to be added.

Can't see the rear cargo light in the pictures.  If it has one and you are getting it, also get the dash switch panel for it, to the left (driver) side of the steering column.  All early MJs were wired for the cargo light (plug and play), later were not, so wiring would need to be added.

I got it! 

Saw Tim at the yard today.  Good to meet you today, and again, you've got a fantastic truck.  I saw your pile of parts on the way out.  I think that tailgate was actually in really good shape.  The huge bush in front of it and the smashed rear bumper must have made me look past it when I saw it.  Good score.

I returned to exchange the J10 rear sliding glass they gave me last week, and get the MJ rear sliding glass.  That happened.  I also had them pull one of the turbine wheels so I can use it as a spare, the cargo light switch that I verified with Tim he didn't want, and some plastic pieces including the exterior vent covers, and the interior trim from the dash back, not including any dash pieces.

There are still some good parts on this truck.  Three turbine wheels are on it and they have the caps.  The rear appears to be a non-C-clip D35, and the front a CAD D30.  Both were geared at 4.10.  I thought 86 would have had a solid front axle.  Maybe the 4WD was swapped in later, explaining the missing 4x4 badges.  Bench seat and brackets are still there, as well as the red carpet, dash and door panels.  LWB bedliner stamped JEEP in mediocre condition.  Steering column is still in it.  Verified the motor, trans and transfer case are all gone.  Headliner is still in it too.

If anybody does visit this yard, be prepared to spend some time waiting.  These guys aren't fast, but the prices are decent.  And make sure you check what they give you to be sure it's what you asked for.  Everything they pulled for me came out clean without any breakage so they know what they're doing. 

Got my radio from Tim today. VERY fast shipping, it was very well packed and he threw in a printout of the wiring diagrams. Very satisfied with how this transaction turned out... oh, and the radio works :)

Just buy the whole truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thought had crossed my mind. The HOA frowns on storing cars on properties.

I dislike HOAs

Most of your/My neighbors don't like our "stuff" and consider it JUNK.  I know my stuff is very valuable and rare:  The neighbors stuff is simply unorganized, ugly garbage.  I don't understand why they refuse to clean up their yard and live like "us" normal people.

Some of us need HOA;s to help us with our "hording" instincts.  BUT my neighbors need it even worse than me.  "They" need to be controlled.

I'll never live in a community with an HOA again? I went to war with one when they tried to tell what color curtains to hang on the inside of my condo. Because that were visible from the outside. Lots of retired control freaks with to much time on their hands. I made sure that one got voted out of office. To political.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk