Overland MJ's

WyoCherokee

I don't' have a fancy mansion :( (not yet at least :D ) just a tent, but here are some pics from the 3000 mile adventure to wheel in Moab/Colorado/Illinois.  no tow rig.  brought everything I could except a water pump (guess what I needed)

Ben, You are SO right!  We have to use these things!

Pete - Great pictures of the truck and tent being used for the intended purpose.

Rob,  My Wildernest is waiting to take up residence on the 86 diesel now being converted to VW TDI also.  Then the goal is a 5 week long road trip to Alaska!  Looks like summer 2018 now.

Bought my roof top tent a couple of weeks ago. Made a temporary setup with some 2-4 and jackstraps over the bedrail. Only sleept in it one night, planning to take a short trip during easter. Also working on a more permanent installation. Will have that ready by summer then I'm heading out there for weeks of fishing, camping and exploring!

My goal is to ship the rig over to iceland and spend a couple of weeks there, but it doesnt look like it will be this summer.

Think it the same as the tepui tents just sold under a different name.

Wunderbar!  :cheers:

X2

How much heavier is it then the original bed?

Are you using air bag to help with the extra weight, or do you have a custom spring setup?

I'm sorry for all the questions, this is is just really cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow this is awesome, I too would be interested in more info on the build as I'm considering something similar.  I'm specifically interested in the weight of the camper and how close to or over gvwr the rig is, and any modifications to the suspension of other components to compensate for the added weight.

• 3 months later...

It might not been the best idea but maybe placing a popup rig on a seven foot bed. Nothing fancy just shelter from the elements. Some thing that can be removed with jacks if needed. I like the idea of being high off the ground. Had bears in camp three times now and I hate it. Nothing like being woke up out of a dead sleep by the sound of having a bear in camp with nothing between you but a piece of nylon. Sucks, even with bear precautions if their use to humans they'll still come into camp. Kicking things around. I alway keep a 1911 45 next to me on camping trips but I don't want to use it.

Maybe hooking up a small battery operated winch to raze and lower it. Use the space in the bed for storage and a ladder. Just a thought on an idea. I'm open to your thoughts. Throw it out there if you have any. Trying to keep it lower profile because of the winds blowing across the Mojave. Not trying to hijack thred Just see some great ideas here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk