gold

madog7200

Gold wheels are hard to get right IMO. Are these the ones you're talking about? I'm not a fan of them personally. They could look alright on a black truck, but I'd say no on a red truck (assuming that the truck in your profile picture is yours)

640px-2006_Jeep_Golden_Eagle.JPG

The standard silver Ravines look exceptional on every MJ I've seen them on. Might be biased, though.

me0jRFwl.jpg

If you like 'em, put them on. Taste in wheels is a very subjective thing.

My old tj was red with the gold wheels that you have pictured, it was definitely different, i only ever saw one other red wrangler with gold wheels and it was a yj... the gold wheels I was talking about putting on the comanche would be the old gold cherokee lace pattern

Gold wheels are hard to get right IMO. Are these the ones you're talking about? I'm not a fan of them personally. They could look alright on a black truck, but I'd say no on a red truck (assuming that the truck in your profile picture is yours)

640px-2006_Jeep_Golden_Eagle.JPG

The standard silver Ravines look exceptional on every MJ I've seen them on. Might be biased, though.

me0jRFwl.jpg

If you like 'em, put them on. Taste in wheels is a very subjective thing.

I actually like the look of those gold ravines, those other two styles not so much.  

Gotcha, well those are what I like and I was wondering if anyone had those on their comanche... i kinda like the idea of having another red jeep with the more rare factory gold wheels. I like things that are rare and different from everything else you see going down the road, hence buying the comanche instead of just another old work Truck as a daily driver

b32b1dea31c1437c02d816adfe504a83.jpg

02dddc66a488f373634c52972baa55d9.jpgd8286811618f99ec7788f1518242f621.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Which wheels are you calling the honeycomb rims? 

snowflake-gold.jpg

This one. I'm calling it that because your post and Dirty's blended together in my mind and I associated the names and photos respectively. Or something.

Those are Snowflake Wheels, also called Teardrop. I had those a long time ago in chrome. I actually liked these wheels once.    :shake:   Not now.........

Yeah that's what I thought they were called, got confused I guess. I haven't stumbled across a full set of them yet. Still not completely sold yet though. I'm pretty partial to the old d-window five-spokes, but I'm struggling to find the kind of tire in the size I want without going to a taller wheel, so the 16" ZJ wheels are getting more and more appealing. Only now I'm thinking the other one you pictured is the 16.

Either way I agree. They're pretty awful chromed.