e-brake cable alternative

The e-brake cable in my Comanche snapped and was wondering if there is alternative cable that would fit a swb Comanche because all of the auto part stores near me said it would take roughly a week for a new cable to come in and i would prefer having a working e-break sooner then a week     

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1991,comanche,4.0l+l6,1181775,brake/wheel+hub,parking+brake+cable,1696

Parking brake cable for a 91 shorted range from $11.57 to $21.79 +shipping for a new one on Rockauto.  I've generally had quick deliveries from them.  

I too would order the correct part and deal with it until it arrived.

ha, I don't think ive ever had a working e brake in any vehicle ive ever owned. manual and automatic. just leave it in gear, she aint going anywhere.

That's how I am, never had a working e-brake although I plan to fix the one on my my when I set mine it only pulls on the driver side and I'm not sure if it pulls enough.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

I like having an ebrake because if you have an open differential you can use it as a poor man's locker to get you out of a jam. If one wheel starts spinning (on ice or mud for instance) apply the parking brake and it will cause the diff to send power to both wheels. Of course you can work the regular brake along with the gas but using the ebrake makes it so much easier.

ha, I don't think ive ever had a working e brake in any vehicle ive ever owned. manual and automatic.   just leave it in gear, she aint going anywhere.

That is definitely NOT true -- as my ex-wife discovered when she parked my cherry 1968 Javelin on a hill and didn't think she needed a parking brake.

The guy whose car she smashed was not amused ...

ha, I don't think ive ever had a working e brake in any vehicle ive ever owned. manual and automatic.   just leave it in gear, she aint going anywhere.

That is definitely NOT true -- as my ex-wife discovered when she parked my cherry 1968 Javelin on a hill and didn't think she needed a parking brake.

The guy whose car she smashed was not amused ...

Same here only it was a cherry 1983 CJ7 in a gym parking lot.

Luckily I have a clip for my brake controller, when towing my trailer last week had to stop on a slight incline ... Yeah, trailer slowly pulling the whole truck back. Clipped the manual brake activator so the trailer temporarily became an ebrake.

Leaving vehicle in gear is no real working solution, seen too many roll back/forward given the right circumstances.

And yeah, I still have to fix mine yet. Now I need to grab the two rear cables as well .... The old ones on the 35 were just too shot to add back on.

Using a block of wood is getting old real fast.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

About this......

My 88 4.0 left in 1st or reverse  will drift very very slowly even on a slight incline, especially if the engine is hot. It's not the clutch slipping, it will roll an inch, stop, then roll another inch, and so forth.

I have not checked compression recently.

Ironically, I just broke a rear parking brake cable this past weekend, so with no parking brake I have been reminded of the "drift"

New PB cable just came today from Rock. Ordered it Sunday.

Gene

Yup, and I've gotten up at 3am, and went back to the truck on break, and walked all the way back across the parking lot to make sure it "was in gear".

Next time you wake up at 3am....ask your self, did I park in gear.....then go check....